View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2017, 20:27   #425
unorganizedplan
Veteran Member

I'm going to try and jump in here again . . .

I now have the triple pink 1K0411105DN springs up front; along with the towing 1K0511115CT springs in the rear. ALL other components are stock.

I did a poor job of getting all this done at the same time. If you look back in this thread, you can see I installed the rear tow springs in April 2015 (@ 90,500Km). Well, I FINALLY got around to doing the front springs 2 years later (@ 136,000Km). Needless to say, I now have a slight reverse rake situation. I think the rear springs have sagged a bit, in the two years and 45,500Km (28,300 miles) they have seen on the road.

I got the rear towing springs in right away, for the hauling capacity, before I even decided on front springs. Well, after I finally ordered them, then rounded up the appropriate tools, and prepared for the task, then other distractions happened. We had a daughter, then life got busy. Here I am two years later, finally able to complete the job.

I have a tough time measuring properly though. My garage floor is sloped 1" every 5 feet, and we live on a hill. I'll have to find a time and location to break away with a tape in-hand to measure properly. However, in eyeballing the car on level ground (looking at wheel well gaps), at BEST, they are even. So, any load in the rear, and I'll start to squat into a reverse rake.

I want to correct this. I know there are MK4 autotech apcers that have been suggested. Is anyone using them? If so, any issues with fitment on the MK6? Do you all think the rear springs have actually sagged in the timeframe above? If so, I could always re-order the rear tow springs and get them in right away, to match the life of the new front springs, and get the TT upper isolators while I'm at it. Otherwise, if you all think I'll just have the same situation with new rear tow springs, I can try to get my hands on the autotech spacers. However, they are hard to get here in Canada, without paying an arm and a leg for shipping . . .

(sorry this post was all over the place)
I have VCDS
unorganizedplan is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06808 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.44 Kb. compressed to 14.93 Kb. by saving 1.51 Kb. (9.20%)]