turbo technical database

Boyka

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi a4 avant 3.0 tdi Remap
I'm not in a hurry, I'm investigating the options for my project.
I'm looking for a turbo as plug-Play as possible within what I want.
Many thanks for answering.
Greetings.

Last edited:

IonutTurbo

TDI
Golf mk4 4motion
How soon you need it? i have one vrk core left. Pnp on your car. It wil get serviced at finturbo. It has 51/49mm turbine and high trim 65mm cw. 450 hp worth of airflow on the table.
VRK pnp on GTB20/22 vzk ? sound nice , ca i get more info please?
Thanks !

IonutTurbo

TDI
Golf mk4 4motion
Gt3571klnv / gt3576klnv

Can somebody guide me where i can find a GT3571 or 76 KLNV in stock , i need it asap . Maybe in Europe it will be greath .
Many thanks !

Jukums

TDI
1.9 TDI 1Z TDR.lv
Other nuggets:
  • GTB2259VKLR 822222-0003 MASSERATI
  • GTD2355VZ 819872-0001 PEUGEOT
  • GT3276VJLNRU 795657-0005 FORD
  • GTB3576KNRV 830725-0001 HINO
  • GTB3782VA 813016-0001 CATERPILLAR
  • GTC4088BKNV 841805-0004 IVECO
  • GTC4502BKNV 826592-0003 IVECO
There is something wrong with information about GTD2355VZ, because I cant find that turbo and seatching using turbo part Code I found GTD1244VZ, what is more real, if it comes on 1.6 engine with 120hp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indian007

TDI
Hello Guys,

I am new to this forum

Really amazed to see the amount of information being dumped here :)

I own a 1.6 tdi skoda rapid and has plans for turbo upgrade along with an intercooler and exhaust

Currently stuck with two options for turbo

a) GTC1549VZ
b) GTD1752VRK

Some threads metion that GTC1549VZ is best suited for 1.6 while some others argue that GTD1752VRK would be better

I got a chance to drive another rapid fitted with GTC1549VZ and was really amazed by the pull but found that the turbo kicks in only after 2500 rpm !

I am not sure whether GTD1752VRK will have a similar behaviour though the specs mentions about lower lags

Plan is to have 200+ bhp and 400+ nm of torque

Expecting suggestions/comments from experts :)

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
I've been debating whether or not I should replace my VNT-17/22 with a GTD1752vrk ever since I learned about the turbo. I know it's an improvement over the old 17/22, but how much?

Then I found these hybrid GTD1756vrk & GTD1760vrk turbos and was thinking that they would give me the larger bump in performance that I'm after.

What do you guys think?
GTD1756vrk with Gen II Billet Wheel
GTD1760vrk with Gen II Billet Wheel
GTD1760vrk

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
I've been debating whether or not I should replace my VNT-17/22 with a GTD1752vrk ever since I learned about the turbo. I know it's an improvement over the old 17/22, but how much?

Then I found these hybrid GTD1756vrk & GTD1760vrk turbos and was thinking that they would give me the larger bump in performance that I'm after.

What do you guys think?
GTD1756vrk with Gen II Billet Wheel
GTD1760vrk with Gen II Billet Wheel
GTD1760vrk
Define your power goals and then we can go the minutiae of wheel sizes and types. But in general, I take a dim view of wheel sizes >= 56mm for a 1.9 TDI on account of surge limit unless specifically warranted by your build objectives. The OEM GTD1752VRK is installed in a 190 HP engine out of the factory and has headroom to support ~230 HP, so unless you're going to be making more than this, it is only wasting money and putting your engine more at risk of operating in compressor surge conditions at low-RPM/high-boost conditions. Besides, when you start going to the ~250 HP range and above, you should be looking at upsizing the turbine frame size anyway (with, of course, the attendant compromise to transient response). Edit: That leaves a narrow range of power 230 < HP < 250 were there is a gray area to look at alternative compressor wheels, and I personally would prefer to work completely away from this grey area and employ highly engineered OEM solutions instead of being sold to aftermarket spin for "Gen XX super-ultra-hyper-awesomeness billet expensivium" wheels.

Last edited:

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
Define your power goals and then we can go the minutiae of wheel sizes and types. But in general, I take a dim view of wheel sizes >= 56mm for a 1.9 TDI on account of surge limit unless specifically warranted by your build objectives. The OEM GTD1752VRK is installed in a 190 HP engine out of the factory and has headroom to support ~230 HP, so unless you're going to be making more than this, it is only wasting money and putting your engine more at risk of operating in compressor surge conditions at low-RPM/high-boost conditions. Besides, when you start going to the ~250 HP range and above, you should be looking at upsizing the turbine frame size anyway (with, of course, the attendant compromise to transient response). Edit: That leaves a narrow range of power 230 < HP < 250 were there is a gray area to look at alternative compressor wheels, and I personally would prefer to work completely away from this grey area and employ highly engineered OEM solutions instead of being sold to aftermarket spin for "Gen XX super-ultra-hyper-awesomeness billet expensivium" wheels.
I knew I should have posted what engine mods I have done on my BEW(PD100)
VNT-17/22 Turbo
Whitbread 2.5" to 3" Custom exhaust with Aeroturbine muffler
Forge PD130 FMIC
PD150 Intake Manifold with Race pipe
PD150 Turbo Inlet Pipe, R32 MAF and Airbox with R32 DSG snorkel
4 Bar MAP sensor
PD150 injectors and head bolts.

My goal would be to keep the response I have now with the 17/22 all while gain power throughout the rest of the rev range till red line. My car currently makes ~ 190whp and my thought process was that with the GTD1752vrk and R783 nozzles that I would be in the 210-220 whp range.

The reason I asked about the GTD hybrids was to see if they would allow the car to make an extra 10-20 hp over the OEM configuration. The problem that I worry about is that I still have stock internals in my BEW, but it's no longer a daily driver(if that matters...)

IonutTurbo

TDI
Golf mk4 4motion
Hello ,
I need an information from somebody how has open / repair an EFR turbo . I need a picture with the ball bearing .
Please let me know if you can help me if necesary i will contact you in private i will contact you in private .
Many thanks !

altz1

Veteran Member
TDI
A8 4H 4.2TDI, Cayenne 4.2TDI, 6.0TDI
Has anyone taken appart GTD2060VZ?Does it have ceramic ballbearings like some claim or not?

Tylenol

Veteran Member
TDI
AHU
That are the same journal bearing system not ceramic ball bearings in the gtb1752vz, I thought the same thing because of the turbo model. But will the housing interchange the nozzle cage should be the same in theory? If this turbo isn't interchangeable what about the gtb1752vk?

Last edited:

altz1

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for answer. Does Z-type bearing system has some real-life advantage over older type? Spool?

majesty78

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 3T5 CFFB
That are the same journal bearing system not ceramic ball bearings in the gtb1752vz, I thought the same thing because of the turbo model. But will the housing interchange the nozzle cage should be the same in theory? If this turbo isn't interchangeable what about the gtb1752vk?
No, nothing is interchangable because any gt (b).. (d)17 is a smaller turbo frame size than gt (b)... (d) 20 or 22.

Z style is simplified with reduced number of parts over the non Z style journal bearing and again, NOT interchangable.

Tylenol

Veteran Member
TDI
AHU
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your last post but these are all GTB turbos I'm asking about, not GTB changing parts to a GTD or vice versa? Thanks for clearing up the z style journal bearings that part I was unclear about. Any advantage to z style vs k style?

altz1

Veteran Member
TDI
K-style does not exist. K- stands for watercooled in "vk".
I have installed gtb2056 turbine into gtb1749vk, very tight fit. Like majesty said gtb into gtd wont work.

Tylenol

Veteran Member
TDI
AHU
Read my last post! I've not once said anything about a GTD turbo. I happen to have on my bench right now a GTB2056VK and a GTB1752VZ, my VK is not water cooled pretry sure that means electronic actuator! Now maybe from application to application they can change but normally general identification codes stay the same.

majesty78

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 3T5 CFFB
K-style does not exist. K- stands for watercooled in "vk".
I have installed gtb2056 turbine into gtb1749vk, very tight fit. Like majesty said gtb into gtd wont work.
No, "K" is not for watercooled, "L" is watercooled. (The "L" stands for "liquid")

K = electronic actuator.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
GTD1749VR from a Fiat Ducato - Garrett 839765-0001 - could be an interesting application for some.

Vacuum-actuated, 4-bolt rectangular manifold flange, V-band downpipe flange.

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
This opel unit looks like it could fit pretty easy to a 1.2 tdi or 1.6 tdi (oval port), the ports are same shape and size. On would need to cut one runner off if used on 1.2 and make a adapter plate for the bolts. Pretty heavy although at 22kg for the pack.

Tylenol

Veteran Member
TDI
AHU
I have to apologize, my first question was very unclear. I was asking about swaping the turbine/exhaust housings on the GTB1756vk and GTB1752vz not the turbine shaft or internal parts of the turbos.