Milwaukee (and northern Chicago) area meeting

vwggergg

TDI
2013 Passat SEL
Anyone from the above mentioned areas interested in getting together maybe once a month at a bar/coffee shop to shoot the sh%$ about whatever? It would be nice to get to know some of the local screen names that we all see from time to time. If you're interested reply with a favorite location and proposed time. We'll tally up the votes and make a decision from there.

Oh yeah, just so the folks in Madison don't think they are the only ones who get to have a local club name /images/graemlins/wink.gif, maybe we should take nominations for a group name.

I'll get the ball rolling:

Roman's Pub
One Friday Night per month

cyman73

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 1997, Silver
I would like to know when there might be a GTG in the Chicagoland area sometime this summer(or somewhere close ~100 miles). I specifically will need the TB changed in the next 10K miles and possibly the shocks. I would like to learn how to do it myself, but I don't feel I have the time to gather all the tools and knowhow.

Where is Drivbywire? (I know he moved).

Thanks,
Simon

DeafBug

Gone but Never Forgotten: Requiescat In Pace
TDI
2001 NB
This Friday night? On Good Friday? When Christ died on the cross being talked about in majority of the churches.

I won't be coming down for Easter either as we have a carpet installment happening this Saturday. But if you guys ever plan something that I could meet up if I am ever in town for a TB change. I will be down early next month for a number of changes. Maybe more if Harv gets his issue resolved as I know I have 3 to replace for sure.

Pete is in Oregon now.

vwggergg

TDI
2013 Passat SEL
Sorry deafbug, I should have been more clear, I meant Friday nights in general, not this Friday /images/graemlins/crazy.gif(original post modified to reflect this). I do plan on being in church that night.

tdi_allan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 2003 Jetta Sedan (Lemons racer), 2010 Touareg
I'd be interested in a GTG with fellow WI/IL TDIers. This Friday is booked, but others seem to be pretty free at the moment.

TDIPA28235Pilot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 99.5, Black/Grey
Waukesha Here.

I'm open for any time or place in the Milwaukee/Chicago area.

My Jetta doesn't need any maintainance at this time but I'd like to assist/watch/learn. I have a pretty good collection of tools (mainly from working on our Mustang). I'm pretty good with pushrod gas engines but still learning about overhead cams, timing belts (used to chains or gear drives), and especially diesels.

Al

vwggergg

TDI
2013 Passat SEL
Just as a point of clarification, I was mainly thinking a non-greasy gathering of TDI folks when I first posted. Just a chance to sit around and drink some beers (or coffee depending on the mood of the day) and get to know each other without working on cars (although I don't think anyone will turn down a request from someone needing some car help). That's all for now, hope to hear from a lot of you soon. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DeafBug

TDI
2001 NB
It be nice to meet some people instead of working on timing belts or whatnot. I don't get that opportunity often. Only one GTG when I attended was all TDI heater installs and no timing belts to do. So that was nice to meet people and get to know them. At the non-greasy meeting, some of us can make arrangements for greasy work. Of course, that is if I am in town.

TDIPA28235Pilot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 99.5, Black/Grey
Non Greasy is fine with me also. Any day of the week is good, I work 24hrs shifts on a rotating schedule (Fire Dept) but can get off with enough notice.

Al

sinneD

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2006 Reflex Silver
sounds great but friday afternoon is BAD in general trying to get out of chicago metro area.

i would suggest a weeknight like the third thursday or something like that.

i would also suggest some where close to the highway like the the brat stop, The Brat Stop or something right off the highway.

jerschulz

TDI
Jetta, 2000, Silver
ggergg,

I will be there!!! BratStop is fine! Someone needs to pick a day.

Anyone of you guys from Milwaukee have a VAGCOM? My CEL is burning again... I'm guessing another glowplug - but I wanted to check it out before the next GTG!

Jer

TDIPA28235Pilot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 99.5, Black/Grey
Anyone wanna pick a day? Brat Stop is fine with me.

My son and I should be running our mustang at Great Lakes Dragaway a few times this spring. It will be a "test and tune" but it's still fun to watch the variety of cars running the 1/4 mile. In fact, if anyone wants to run their car just for fun, meet up with us and we'll help you get started. It's a blast!

Al

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
I too would be interested.
I'm in the East Troy WI area.
Are you thinking somewhere in between CHI town and Brew City?
I will let others know who also are from the area in case they haven't seen the posting.
J

vwggergg

TDI
2013 Passat SEL
Thank you, that would be great! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah, somewhere in between Mil and Chi would probably be the best location to attract the greatest number of people. As soon as we get enough interest we will set a date, time and location. Keep spreading the word!

DeafBug

TDI
2001 NB
I am in town on the 8th weekend next month for two timing belts. Friday night is on the road night. Saturday night, I am free unless I run into problems with the job. Sunday, heading back to MN.

Just a thought, not that you have to schedule it.

MiksTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 GLS Galactic Blue
Sweet! A lil GTG with some spirits? The Brat Stop is a great place. I go to school on Thursdays though and like others said Friday is a B!0tch for Chicago folks. I vote for Wednesday nights. I live just a wee bit down the road from The Brat Stop. Wednesday nights would be cool. I have Vag-Com and other VW tools, if anybody needs some help and I also could do some TB changes if anybody is interested. Those TB changes I'd like to keep to the weekends.
You know If the GTG on a Friday was late enough we wouldn't have to worry about traffic or work in the morning....unless I have to do a TB change the next day.

Late Friday or not so late Wednesday.!!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

foxstoy

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS, 5 speed , Red
Wednesday nights at the Brat Spot is great! They have drink specials in the upstairs bar and Karaoke. Could be a fun time had by all!!!! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
[ QUOTE ]
They have drink specials in the upstairs bar and Karaoke. Could be a fun time had by all!!!! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

trust me, you DON'T want to hear me sing! /images/graemlins/eek.gif

gsm2

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, blue
This sounds good. The Brat Stop is only about 20 minutes from me in Lake Villa. Hey Miks, I lived in Kenosha for a year and never realized there were any other members nearby. Since you mentioned it, I could use some Vag-com assistance sometime, when your schedule permits of course. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

foxstoy

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS, 5 speed , Red
I used to live in Kenosha, now Racine. There are more of that live closer than you think! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

WI_TDI_Fan

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS, Platinum Gray
I'm with sinneD (aka Adrian). Brat Stop on a Thursday. Somebody 'pull the trigger' on this thing and let's do it.

Dean

WI_TDI_Fan

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS, Platinum Gray
Just got off the phone with Dennis (sinneD). He's agreed to grab the bull by the horns. Looks like Thurs, 4/29, Brat Stop, 6-630ish (PM). This let's the Chi area guys/gals avoid the Friday night dash and seems to be central for the SE WI guys/gals. I'll work with him to PM the metro MKE, Madison, and Fox Valley guys/gals in case they don't visit this thread regularly.

BTW, I'll be coming back from Argo Mfg in Wasco, IL. Planning on going down and picking up a case or more of Motul 505.01 (29.95/5L, 7.10/1L). Would be willing to include some for others.

Dean

sinneD

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2006 Reflex Silver
BANG!

Ok, let's do the Brat stop on Thursday, April 29, 2004. 6:30 pm till .....

I propose the official subject be "Lying dealers and the lies they tell" or fuel and oil horror stories.

Parking lot mods: cell phone dash mount on an 04 Jetta.

There might be a copy of VAG-COM there too.

Lets get a head count to call them and try and get a table big enough. I will call them monday to arrange.

http://www.bratstop.com/
US I-94 and WI Hwt 50, Exit 344
Kenosha, WI

Please post to the thread if you are coming.

tdi_allan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 2003 Jetta Sedan (Lemons racer), 2010 Touareg
I am pretty sure I can make it. I will bring my VAG-COM, and if anyone has interest in my plastic lower engine cover (with the side skirts) or my stock black package shelf w/grey C-pillars, or the extra air filter I have, I can bring them along for the ride. Let me know if there is any interest in this stuff, its cluttering my place up and it needs to go. I'll see everyone there!

MilenP

Veteran Member
I'll try to make it.
Have the Vag-Com in the car all the time /images/graemlins/wink.gif.
Also - if anybody needs Delvac 1 - there's a Mobill 1 distributor just 5 miles away - exit 339.