RNS510 iPhone 11 compatible?

37driver

TDI
2015 Passat 2.0 TDI SEL Premium
I'm having to switch from an Android to an iPhone due to compatibly issues with my new diabetes glucose monitor. My Passat is a 2015 SEL with the RNS510. I know that unit was designed to be compatible with iPhones but just wanted to see if anyone is using the iPhone 11 with it and if there's any problems. I know absolutely nothing about iPhones and would appreciate any advice.
Thanks

physicshogon

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
I'm having to switch from an Android to an iPhone due to compatibly issues with my new diabetes glucose monitor. My Passat is a 2015 SEL with the RNS510. I know that unit was designed to be compatible with iPhones but just wanted to see if anyone is using the iPhone 11 with it and if there's any problems. I know absolutely nothing about iPhones and would appreciate any advice.
Thanks

Is your 2015 a diesel? It doesn’t have CarPlay so it should be a non issue.

BRIAN427COBRA

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, 2015 Passat SEL
Best thing to do is get rid of the RNS510, car toys sells plenty of head units that work with steering wheel controls/back up camera, and CAR PLAY!, I put a Kenwood in my daughters 17 Jetta S, real eye opener.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
To connect to Bluetooth it doesn't matter what you use. I your iPhone you have to get into settings and select "Bluetooth" and add this to be on.
The RNS510 will probably ask if you want to connect this Bluetooth device.
ALL FREE. Dumb suggestion to change the whole radio setup.