Circuit's MK5 Jetta

Circuit

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Hi everyone! I haven't posted much on here, but have done a ton of reading and of course keeping up with "Threadzilla."

I thought I'd introduce myself and start a little build thread for my Jetta to keep track of all the changes.

My name is Chris and I live in the SF bay area. Engineer by training and IT Admin by trade and a through and through car guy! I bought my MK5 in 2013 as I was looking for a new daily driver for my then 80-mile round trip commute.

You can follow me on instagram @chris_mtechnica (www.instagram.com/chris_mtechnica) - Yes I work with MemoryFab and MTechnica, so if you have wheel questions, please let me know!

With my Jetta as the daily, I went full speed into building my Protege5 "show car." I just sold it yesterday, so now I can start to scratch the itch of modding the Jetta (although not extensively).
If you would like to read more about my Protege, here's the build thread for the last few years: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123838414-Circuit-s-03-5-Protege5

So on to the Jetta. Its a 2010 that I bought bone stock with 67k miles. Its now at 126k miles and recently had the timing belt, water pump, etc. done by Matt-98AHU (who I found on here, thanks for that!!).
It stayed basically stock for 2 years save for Hella projectors with TRS HID's and a replacement RCD-510 since mine died. I recently installed ST XTA coilovers and have been restoring a set of Volk Racing LE37's to TE37 livery. Should have that all dialed in soon.

On to some photos!

Stock and stock!

Picked up the LE37s and got some free bread with the deal. Some bends and rash but nothing my friends at MemoryFab can't take care of.

After bend and rash repair

Last edited:

Circuit

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Gold powder coat, new Rays valve stems, decals, Mevius lug bolts, and flat Rays center caps

Test fit today! A little camber to clear the fenders with suspension compression and I should be good to go.

Circuit

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI

Circuit

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI

Circuit

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Got the Works mounted up this past weekend. Fitment with the 225/40's is way better. Lowered the rear all the way down with the collars to get rid of most of the rake. I also used the trimbrite blackout vinyl to black out the window trims like on the GLI.
Pretty happy with how its coming along. Next is a Votex front lip, GLI skirts, and some rear apron.
Went over the lips with some Blue Magic polish

Test fit after drilling for wobble bolts

All mounted up!

xjay1337

Veteran Member
TDI
Scirocco CR170.
Nice so far. I think it really needs some colour-coded GLI skirts to set off the side profile of the car.
Nice collection of wheels so far :)

Circuit

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Nice so far. I think it really needs some colour-coded GLI skirts to set off the side profile of the car.
Nice collection of wheels so far :)
Agree 100% on the GLI skirts. Those, a Votex (rep unfortunately) front lip, and possibly GLI rear apron are next on my list.

Circuit

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Had a line on Votex front lip and side skirts, but the seller ended up being a scammer. Thankfully I got my money back through paypal's claim process.

Had the tint re-done to 50% front, 35% rear from the previous none in front and 20% rear. Much better.

Car is on hold except for maintenance because of the current dieselgate status. Plan is to stock it out when the time comes and trade in for a B8.5 Allroad. Here's a photo dump from the last couple days.

Circuit

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Mine went back today. The Lyft car that picked me up was an MK7 Golf TDI :D. His turn-in date is in about a month haha.