Passat 2007 rear park brake problem

srdjokos

TDI
golf 4
people, i think i have a serious problem here. I wanted to replace the rear brake pads on my passat 2007. But i took out the brake pads before i did the open the caliper procedure with vag com. Now they are closed and i cant oppen them vag com says WRONG GROUP.

Is there any way i can reset the rear brake so i can oppen it and insert the brake pads.

srdjokos

TDI
golf 4
Made it work.

I solved the problem, i found a TSB explaing what to do when this happens, and than i found a realy good HOW TO.

Practicly you need to reset the hand brake cylinder by:

1. Disconect batery for 5 minutes (this means if your car is 2007> you will have to go to dealer so he can put the code for radio thru some GEKO system othervise you cant use the radio!)

2. Connect the batery.

3. Dont start the car only give contact (many lights go on :))

4. pres and hold the brake while presing the hand brake 2 times on and 2 times off. (i waited 30 seconds betven "on" and "off" cause the manual i found wasnt very clear)

5. Than i pussehd the cylinder back with hands, (Be carful not to turn it!!!) only push it straight i did it by hand.

6. Put everything back, deleted the fault codes and started all over again like manual said on the previous post.

I did everything like it said but at the end i end up with P on the dash light up, than i only deleted the fault codes from controler 53 - Hand brake and it worked like a charm!

Here is the link to this TSB, cause i dont know how to attach it. http://geocities.com/nfe100/Technical_Bulletins/2008.01.11_elec_park_brake_cannot_apply_basic_settings_after_service.pdf

Last edited:

srdjokos

TDI
golf 4
Dana @ Ross-Tech said:
Post some VCDS data from the 53 (Parking Brake) module. What basic settings group says "wrong group" ?

Is there a battery charger on the car?
Did you refer to this page? http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/VW_Passat_%283C%29_Parking_Brake
Dana, thanks for asking, I did put the battery charger but i disasembled the calipers first and than did the functions described on the link you gave me, and that is where it all went wrong.

And in the controler 53 in basic settings i went on group 7, 6 and 4 and in all 3 it said "wrong group". But after i did what i described in my post above everything was fine. Sory to tell you but i disgarded all fault codes that i made during this proces.

Botom line for me is READ ALL DETAILS BEFORE DOING ANYTHING, from now on!