New VAG-Com Locator website

Status
Not open for further replies.

FEDX

TDI
2001 NB
I have VAGCOM and you can add me to the list. I'm in Memphis and its easier to contact me via my club e mail than on here.

zippper

TDI
2002 Golf
First code cleared!!!

The new vag com just showed up and I cleared the code. Contact me via the website and you can add me to the list.

Jon Linn

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle 160,000 miles
Hummm, I am not able to get any of these sites to really work. Is there a forum/post that encloses a list?
Looking for someone in NE Indiana.

vflflyer

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI 1.9L w/Manual Trans.
I am hoping there is someone in the San Diego area that could be so kind to hook a vag-com to my car and see if my timing is good. I just had my timing belt, water pump and some other related things changed by a MB mechanic that cost me around $1100.

After reading all these forums I am nervous whether he did it right or not.
I have a 2003 Jetta TDI 1.9 non PD, manual trans.

Please help!

CRSMP5

Veteran Member
TDI
idi
there is 2 places i know of by youngstown ohio with vagcom.. so i added me in.. suprised the other shop has not been listed.. only had mine for a month or so now..

the shop (marks garage) is in liberty ohio aka outskirt of youngstown
work nights 6-11ish 7 days a week
330-759-0480 is the number

touringcar88

TDI
03 Jetta GL blue 5-spd
Looking for VAG-COM help in Tracy, CA

Shermenator said:
VAG-COM, What is it ? What does it do ?
Yes I am a newbie Help !!!!:)
Clearer explanation can be found here http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/index.html
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/tdi.html
A system that allows communication with the ECM via the OBD2 port. This allows code checking to troubleshoot and verify any issues driven by the on board ECM. IE: check engine light. If there is a sensor on the vehicle, chances are some information from that sensor can be accessed via VAG-COM.

Last edited:

Shermenator

TDI
2009 Jetta sportwagon TDI
Thanks for the reply And the link for the other information :)
So I regular OBD2 reader will not work on our Volkswagen's :confused:
I was told they did , But they could be wrong :(
Thanks David

Shermenator

TDI
2009 Jetta sportwagon TDI
Can you please actually show me A picture of the unit itself and the cost of one please .
Thanks David

I'm really crappie at this computer stuff ,That's because some old :D

TDiWagon96

TDI
1996 Passat Wagon TDI
I tried all three of the links for the vag-com locators.... Two seem inoperable and the other had a bug that wouldnt let me send my message to the one guy kinda near me. So, I'm in the Metro Detroit area and I need help. I know TDIfest is going on this weekend, but if there is anyone in my area lemme know please.

nugget

TDI
1996 Passat TDI
help wanted please

I have a 1996 VW passat sedan TDI and am in the Bemidji Minnesota area for a while. I am having power problems. Does anyone know of someone close by that can help....Thanks

TXRanger83

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
sorry if this has been mentioned on another thread but does changing the settings with vag-com void your warranty?

viersam@gmail.com

TDI
2000 Jetta
Vag com for me. 805.1? 704.1? im comfused

I am looking at buying a vag-com computer however I am confused at what version I will need for a 2000 jetta tdi? I would like to be able to read engine codes and turn the check engine light off. Can I also code keys? thanks!

my check engine light came on a mile down the road from signing the papers when I bought the car. I was worried about it until I realized the light also came on while pulling out of the safeway station a few minutes after filling up.... Im thinking most likely has to do with the gas cap...

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
I like the KII-USB, but it only works on older cars. It doesn't require a software license on the laptop, which is nice if you're using older laptops. I don't think any of these units will re-code keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.