03 alh not starting at a loss..

mcarthur70

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 jetta wagon
I posted in another thread that was related to mine ..But didnt want to high jack it . so here goes drove it home friday no problems . We had a cold spell over the weekend and never drove until monday mourning . It wouldn't start . when i got home it was 50 degrees out side and still no start . so i changed the fuel filter pre filled it with fuel checked the asv and it was good . checked the fuel shut off valve im getting 10.62v when the key is turned on . No evidence of fuel leaking at injection pump ,was replaced at 105000 miles it has 190253 now . Loosened the nuts at the top of the injectors some fluid comes out when cranking but not alot . im going to check vacuum from tank to filter ,then from injection pump will keep you posted .Anything esle to check will be appreciated ! thanks

chz17

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta TDI GL 5spd, 2004 jetta TDI PD
It's possible, you may check it, the fuel sending unit are under the back seat. Make sure the fuel are less than half tank when do it. Have you been check the timing belt system? Oh and make sure ASV are open when trying to start engine.

RallySport

TDI
2002 Golf TDI ALH
McArthur! When you bled the injection pump, did you have the key on?? Or were you able to bleed it with the ignition OFF??

Still waiting for my starter motor...:(

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
McArthur! When you bled the injection pump, did you have the key on?? Or were you able to bleed it with the ignition OFF??
Still waiting for my starter motor...:(
You don't need to have it on. If it has a placebo effect for you then do so, but there is nothing to stop the flow otherwise.

I've done this procedure many times and it's a completely manual process to get fuel through the IP.