Immo 04 Beetle

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
dweisel isn't diesel anymore!
Have something I've never run into. 04 Beetle had two keys. Only one had a rfid chip. I've removed chips from keys before and used silicon to hold them near the ignition switch where they would work giving me a couple working keys. This time I did exactly that. The immo light goes out when the chip is in the sweet spot, but I'm getting a flashing glow plug light and the engine only runs for a couple of seconds and shuts off. Also have a VCDS code for the immo being activated preventing it from running.

I've never had the flashing glow plug light before as a sign that the immo was active.

Any insight would be appreciated.

dweisel

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Does that cluster have the immo light? Cannot say I have ever run across a BEW NB with an immo tripped to know, and never paid much attention to my 2005 gasser.

I'd send the ECU out and have the immo blitzed if you do not want to get new keys and have them properly paired to the car.

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Does that cluster have the immo light? Cannot say I have ever run across a BEW NB with an immo tripped to know, and never paid much attention to my 2005 gasser.
I'd send the ECU out and have the immo blitzed if you do not want to get new keys and have them properly paired to the car.
Yes, the cluster has an immo light. With the rfid in the correct place the immo light goes out,but the glow plug light flashes and have an immo fault code. Typical immo shut down after starting.

Shipping out the ECU for an immo delete today. I'm puzzled as to why the glowplug light flashes to indicate a fault when the immo light is out.. I know the flashing glowplug light is an indicator for a lot of different faults. First time I've seen it as an immo fault indication.

Thanks,
dweisel

oilhammer

TDI
Yeah ya got me stumped too. I know I had a 2001 NB 2.slo with an immo problem once, and it did the same thing as the rest did: flashing immo light and a start-stop deal.

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hopefully the immo delete will solve the problem and the flashing glow plug light will go off. That's what has me confused. No immo light,but have an immo fault. I may switch clusters if the immo delete let's it start , but I still have a flashing glowplug light.

Thanks for your input.

dweisel

oilhammer

TDI
I have also seen wrong or bad tail/brake lamp bulbs/sockets cause issues like a flashing glow lamp. With no DTCs. You may just check to be sure all the lights work as they should.

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yes, I just ran into that recently where two burnt out brake lights caused a flashing glowplug light. Lights are all good. Immo fault code is the only one. No code for brake switch.

Thanks,
dweisel