P0252

I KNOOOW

Veteran Member
TDI
2003, 1986 (Sold)
Hey there I'm getting code:

P0252 (VAG code 16636) Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control "A" Range/Performance (Cam/Rotor/Injector)

I'm told that my fuel pump is the problem and i need vag-com to further diagnose the problem and/or change the timing of the fuel pump is anyone available to give me a hand or tell me where to go? I'm in the west end Toronto and I would like to get the fixed ASAP.

Stats:
03 Jetta
182xxx km
very slow acceleration and lack of power
more noticeable noise, kinda like when it is really cold out and you can hear the rattle of the diesel.
the power issue has been getting worse day to day.
i do not have any power mods.
timing belt was done 50000km ago.
oil change 5000 ago
fuel filter was just changed (it was long overdue, oversight by mechanic)

that is all i can think of

OmegaRenegade

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta
Problem: Timing was too far advanced

Solution: We retarded the timing, checked with vag-com and now no more trouble codes

I KNOOOW

Veteran Member
TDI
2003, 1986 (Sold)
Thank you for helping me with my car. it did work for the 20 min drive home and then the drive to Tim Hortons to meet up with friends it was OK. but on the way home from Tim Hortons I got a CEL again and that night when it was cold the drivablity was poor with the same signs I had before. the good news is the next day when driving the drivablity was back to normal but I still have the CEL.

do you think that you could scan my car again and check the timing?? from reading, I'm wondering if the timing belt is slipping?

Last edited:

OmegaRenegade

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta
your belt didnt look worn or show any signs of wear... we set the timing right in the middle of the graph, so not sure how/why it would slip off track in that short amount of time.

we can check it again - just drop me a line. Perhaps theres a problem with the pump itself?

I KNOOOW

Veteran Member
TDI
2003, 1986 (Sold)
OmegaRenegade said:
your belt didnt look worn or show any signs of wear... we set the timing right in the middle of the graph, so not sure how/why it would slip off track in that short amount of time.

we can check it again - just drop me a line. Perhaps theres a problem with the pump itself?
Guess what, i have the same symptoms back on my car and i got an engine light coming back on, a friend pulled my codes and the same one is back

everything was good for a week and about 1/2 a tank of fuel.