"New" 2015 GSW Incoming. Couple of questions for the experts:

E.E.

TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan
I'm new to the TDIClub, signed up to support my new purchase. So much great information here! I'm getting the Sportwagen S DSG in platinum gray metallic. Struggled between the manual and the auto, but the wife pointed out we already have a TDI manual (2010 Jetta Sedan) so she wants the other car to be an auto.

I understand the original engine oil is a special break in blend. The dealer wants to do an oil change on my vehicle which makes sense as it has been sitting in a parking lot for probably 2 years. I'm guessing this will not be the special break in oil. Should I let them do it anyway?

Anything else I should insist upon before taking delivery? It's getting the usual pre-owned VW check up. I think it has around 50 miles on it.

The Tortoise

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW Trendline - White
I asked this question in a different thread and the response was that this break in oil is something of an internet myth. Apparently all TDIs are shipped with the regular 507 VW oil.

I also asked my dealer about this and they said they'd get back to me if this was the case. Haven't heard back, so no news is good news?

funoutdoors121

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW S 6MT
Not convinced that this special break-in oil is a myth.
We just picked up 2 of the "new" 2015 TDI GSW and both have very very clear oil on the dipstick.
Difficult to even see the oil level on the dipstick.
On prior TDIs, I have never seen my 507 oil after an oil change be so clear.

nsocwx

TDI
2015 Golf TDI Sportwagen S
Vehicles with near 0 miles won't have any contaminants in the oil so it looks like it just came out of the bottle. The oil from the factory may also have no coloring added to it.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Maybe they just did an oil change since the car has been sitting for two years?

Grigg3

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta wagon, 15 Golf wagon
Maybe they just did an oil change since the car has been sitting for two years?
Should have new oil and filter as part of refreshing the leftover 2015's for sale the last few weeks.
Service records for mine show new oil and filter among other things, this with less than 200 miles.

funoutdoors121

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW S 6MT
Yes, but even when I do my own oil changes, the oil is never that clear...the oil in there now is clear as water!
As mentioned in earlier post by nsocwx, that oil probably has no coloring.
That would indicate they did not replace the oil, only the oil filter.

E.E.

TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan
Turns out one of the 2015s this particular dealer was selling had 2,800 miles on it. They said they were using it to go back and forth between a couple of off site lots. I asked if they could take a couple of thou off since it was in a sense, used. At first they said no, but then they called back and eventually we agreed on an extra $1200 off the price plus they would install heated front seats. So that's the car I'm ending up with--hope I made the right decision. I was thinking that actually the occasional drive might have been better than letting it sit all that time. Anyway, I'm picking it up tomorrow. Looking forward to it.