My 2000 Jetta TDI

paddlepro42

TDI
2000 Jetta GLS
I like the zip ties holding on the bumper and fender liner! Haha just giving you a hard time BlueJ I hope mine will look as good as yours soon, great work.

BoiseTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Golf - SOLD
Nice mods you have going! I am just starting to mod my jetta so I don't know a whole lot. How do you know what Nozzles to go to? Also, did you just put a straight pipe for your mufflerectomy or did you also add a resonator?

I'd be interested in one of your custom knobs, let me know how much that would set me back with shipping to 40121. =)

2000BlueJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Thanks Boise! For my mufflerectomy it's just straight pipe and for 2.5" the in cabin drone for highway driving is very tolerable. I chose my nozzles based on a couple of my friends who have them, and it seems to be the general consensus for modded cars, and people who are just starting to mod theirs. I am happy with them, although i saw that the PP502s are the same price, little more flow and power so I might go to them this spring. My 520's dont smoke at all. As far as shift knobs I'm still playing with ideas for the adapter to incorperate the black sleeve that holds the boot to the oem knobs, but with work being so busy I havent had much time. As soon as I can run some off I will let you know!

I finally got my Amazon.com China fog lights in. I like the way they look, but as far as being actually used in fog, they're useless. They only project a beam about 2 feet in front of the car so I'm going to put something different lights in there so I can actually used them for the purpose I bought them for. Enough talk, pic time!

Is this common with these cars or would my Panzer plate have something to do with it? I cleaned it off that morning and that's how it looked when I got home from work.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Last edited:

2000BlueJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Few updates.

Turbo was about to go, so replaced it with a stock size (I know I know...) Only reason I did that is I want the car running in good order so I can focus on my house for a bit and the few hundred I didnt spend on a 17 and adapter are buying my timing belt kit. Next year should bring some bigger performance stuff...

Got my souvenier from the old one

Picked up a tip from Rice Boys (pep boys) for $22

So long 2.5" turn down..

Hello dual 3.5" wide!

Bought a set of lights off craigslist so I can pull the inners out and Joey mod my lights with little down time on the car

Thats about it for now and probably for a while. Working on getting a new higher paying job so hopefully I can make some more fun stuff happen this summer ;)

BeccaTDI

TDI
2002 Jetta
I think it's time to machine some really cool center caps for the wheels.
1stgen that's been on my mind for a while I just need to figure out how to mount them, and countryboy I am sure we can arrange something
theyre just plates that get glued on i think

should be super easy for you!

nice mods! wish mine was that pretty blue!

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
The Pipes will give you sooty butt..... I have had mine in 9 years (GHL) still get sooty.

Also look got GTGs especially at the HO5G in So NH. Get tuned here also.

Last edited:

2000BlueJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
theyre just plates that get glued on i think

should be super easy for you!

nice mods! wish mine was that pretty blue!
Thank you, it's actually a blue car with a maroon engine bay lol. The previous owners didn't like the red and when she got in a small fender bender they had it painted blue. Well, most of it.. :cool:

The Pipes will give you sooty butt..... I have had mine in 9 years (GHL) still get sooty.

Also look got GTGs especially at the HO5G in So NH. Get tuned here also.
Yeah I'm aware of the black butt, but thats ok. I wash my car all the time in the warmer months so it wont get too bad. Plus it hardly smokes. I wish i could have made it to the New Years HO5G but the girlyfriend was feeling under the weather. I got a new job that I start in a couple weeks which means more $$ so hopefully I can throw a tune in this summer. Good excuse to get a new clutch, right?:D

79TA7.6

Veteran Member
Live: Wilbur/Creston; Work: Moses Lake Washington
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta, 2002 TDI Golf, 2005 TDI Golf
Finally got around to making my sphere shifter, and an adapter for the shift tower made out of 303 stainless.

I'm going to re make the adapter so that the boot sits flush and looks nicer. I'm going to try to use the oem back sleeve clamp thing too and I think I'm also going to make a few different styles because with the adapter and the M25x1.5 thread on it they can be interchangeable lol
I love this shift knob. What is the benefit of the adapter, besides being able to swap between knobs? Is this M25x1.5 a standard thread for knobs so if I find another I can use it too?

2000BlueJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
I love this shift knob. What is the benefit of the adapter, besides being able to swap between knobs? Is this M25x1.5 a standard thread for knobs so if I find another I can use it too?
The adapter is so the knob can be mounted without set screws in the ball. stock knobs use a clamp to hold it in place, so there are no threads to mount mine to. The M25 thread is just a random choice I made that was big enough to have a 13mm hole go through it to slip over the stock shift tower. This is 100% custom made ;)

very nice!
Thank you!

2000BlueJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Supposed to be in the 50s the next couple days so I'll give it a wash and snap some more! I dont mind pic whoring my car :D

jbleu101

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDi, GLS
Nice looking car and love the one off pieces you have made. In the first pic of the dual exhaust tips I thought I tasted some vomit in my mouth, but when you mounted it and cut a larger hole for it to protrude, I think it looks great! Rice Boys.....bwaahaaaahaaa. Great car. btw, I painted my lower front and rear valence to match the car and love the way that looks. It's a small thing, and the paint does not adhere that great so tends to peel after a few years, but it is a nice way to make the car look lower for cheap. Never did understand the black pieces. Speaking of...what are the five black dots on driver side front corner? i saw someone mentioned Zip ties.....interested in how you got them to help you hold your valence in place. I have a broken tab.

jbleu101

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDi, GLS
oh yea, all Frostheaters come with a bag of M&M's. I guess the guy who makes them likes to have them on hand and tosses them in the box for your installation refreshement

2000BlueJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Nice looking car and love the one off pieces you have made. In the first pic of the dual exhaust tips I thought I tasted some vomit in my mouth, but when you mounted it and cut a larger hole for it to protrude, I think it looks great! Rice Boys.....bwaahaaaahaaa. Great car. btw, I painted my lower front and rear valence to match the car and love the way that looks. It's a small thing, and the paint does not adhere that great so tends to peel after a few years, but it is a nice way to make the car look lower for cheap. Never did understand the black pieces. Speaking of...what are the five black dots on driver side front corner? i saw someone mentioned Zip ties.....interested in how you got them to help you hold your valence in place. I have a broken tab.
Thanks for the comments and paint tips, I will have to try that out! The zip ties are stitches from when the PO got in a fender bender. Instead of buying a new valance they just stitched the old one. I dont think it is holding the valance on, but then again I havent had to take it off yet so I'm not 100% sure. I'll replace it eventually when I do some body work to it but for now it gives it a cool frankenstein look.

Thanks! :D

BeccaTDI

TDI
2002 Jetta
i was just about to ask about the five dots!

i thought maybe you had canards lol

travism

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon
The car with the new markers

A little closer up...
[/QUOTE]

Where did you get these blacked out markers?

2000BlueJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
The jetta is dead for now. Blew the motor Monday morning but what I'm really puzzled about is that only #3 is damaged, head and piston. Everything else is fine... I'll post pics later but for now I'm trying to track down another motor. :(

2000BlueJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Hopefully putting a motor in it this weekend, donor car is an auto so I scored the 11mm pump and I'm also pulling the black and gray interior to swap out my tan. Stay tuned...

Sotam123

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 ALH & AJM
sorry to hear about what happened, cool car you got there, i like the "frankenstien look" too. I like your idea with the shift knob adaper you made...might try to make one at school too...how many km does the car have(and the new engine)?

2000BlueJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Thanks its been a battle thats for sure. Got both motors out last weekend, hopefully this weekend I'll hear the motor. Car has 218k miles and the motor going in has 134k. Thanks for the comments also I've put a lot of work into it.

2000BlueJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Ok so apparently 'this afternoon' meant two months from now... Lol. Had the car towed to my friend's parents house and thats where the work began...

Pulled the head to find this...

Pretty obvious timing jumped a tooth which was just enough for the piston to high five the valves.

Took a trip to Vegas for a weekend and took my mind off the car issue with some good ol booze while getting a tour of the strip/Freemont St by Elvis on a double decker bus.

Got a call from a buddy sayinghe bought a totalled car and will sell me the complete motor out of an automatic Jetta with 139k miles and interior (I've been wanting to do a black swap for a while) for $1200. SOLD!

Took a day and pulled both motors in 8 hours.

Took advantage of my girlfriends dad being out here from CA with his truck and the use of my buddy's trailer to tow the car to my house to drop the 'new' motor in. 7.3 baby...

This was after 10 hours put into it after it got to my house

3 more man hours and this was probably the best afternoon I have had in a while...

I havent had a chance to swap my 5spd nozzles into the motor but with stock auto nozzles and the 11mm pump I'm actually impressed on the get up and go. I was planning on buying another PP520 but I feel that might be too much for the stock clutch.

Picked up a GLI lip from my friend Craig for $10, needs some patch work but for the price I'll live!

My ride and my friend Foster's Audi with a TDI swap and some nice upgrades under the hood.

The best place to get cheeseburgers in central Maine!

Thats about it folks, car is still running strong at around 50 mpg, little less with the Thule rack and kayak racks on. Ill have some more pics sometime when I tweak up the hood gap, get my grill painted and back on (the one in the pics was a crappy one and I sold it) and Joey modded lights... Thanks for lookin!

Dan