Canadian TDI Fest?

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
There have been a couple in the past. The last one was 2007 in Montreal.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
In 2003 it was in Toronto and 2007 in Montreal. If you are thinking more about proximity, then I'd guess Portland is probably as close as your going to see to Calgary for a while since you are just over a tank away. Previously the question has always been when is coming to the West Coast, and now it's here.

Golden Dub

Dub Life: the only way to live!
TDI
2012 Golf
Oh no! 03 and 07, thats alot of Tdi fests up here pretty close to each other. That means not likely to happen soon I would imagine. I would go to any TDI fest but I am not allowed into the states. I was in a car accident when I was 18 and now I am banned.

Well will you look at that, I just noticed that VW Derf is Canadian. That means TDI Club is Canadian! I am very surprised that there has not been a Richmond or Vancouver TDI Fest, I think it would be a great place to have one.

Last edited:

Brokk

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 GLS TDI JETTA
Personally I think Calgary would probably be a pretty nice location for a TDI Fest. If some group of people would just get together and submit a really good proposal for TDIFest 2011 or 2012 maybe?

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Is there a group of committed TDI enthusiasts (I suppose all TDI enthusiasts ought to be committed) in the Calgary area that might be the core of an organizing committee?
Please say yes.... I'd love to visit again.

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0

JetPuf

Veteran Member
TDI
White '98 Bug, Gray 2010 GL350
One thing the current TDIFest committee is looking into is how to educate people on putting together a TDIFest. It's a big planning process, the last time I worked on planning something so big was my wedding. How's that for comparison? (not to scare people away)

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Try planning a Fest and a Wedding in the same year and only a month apart!!!

I survived it. Lots of work, but it is worth it!

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
I'm more than happy to answer any questions you have about putting a Fest/committee together. you're welcome to pm me if you have questions.

if u want it there, make it happen.

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
Personally I think Calgary would probably be a pretty nice location for a TDI Fest. If some group of people would just get together and submit a really good proposal for TDIFest 2011 or 2012 maybe?
I'd drive from Toronto to Calgary. TDIfest in the Rockies? Glaciers? ohh-yeah :D

Pete

Reidler

Veteran Member
TDI
NB 2001, Black
What about Vancouver. After all thats where Fred is, and isn't he the one who made this site to begin with? I met him a few years ago at a buddies house for a GTG. Nice Guy...

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
What about Vancouver. After all thats where Fred is, and isn't he the one who made this site to begin with? I met him a few years ago at a buddies house for a GTG. Nice Guy...
If you plan it, they will come.
That is so true. While location (ie being somewhat central) does play a part, the biggest component is to ensure there is a good group of dedicated planners are ready and able to take on the task. Yes, Vancouver would be nice a close, but Portland really isn`t that far a way. :)

Hopefully we`ll see a good number of BC license plates at this years fest as it might not be this close for a few years...