New beetle tdi 2014

FRANCO HONDURAS

TDI
VW NEW BEETLE TDI 2014
New beetle tdi 2014: PROBLEM DIESEL PARTICULES FILTER

I have problems with the diesel particle filter, has anyone had this problem? Where could I buy a new one to replace it?
help please

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
What problems are you having? Any dealer should have one as well as other parts suppliers, for a new unit. I am going to be on a cruise visiting your country at the end of this month. Off the coast at Mahogany Bay anyway.

You could maybe find a used one and replace it as well. There are some things that can be done to resurrect them if you haven't gone too far, assuming it is just clogged and not cracked or broken.

Provide some more detail on the issue you are having. These cars don't like being short tripped without taking an active role in ensuring that the regens happen when needed.

A delete of the emissions equipment can also be done if your country allows it or turns a blind eye to it. The parts can be bought and a tune installed to make everything work better than new except for the emissions system being gone.

https://www.rawtekinc.com/collections/beetle-tdi-2013-2014

Here is a source maybe for one in the US:

https://www.idparts.com/diesel-particulate-filter-oem-cbea-cjaa-p-4031.html

Might have to order one though as they show out of stock.

Last edited:

imrodimus8171

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
Hope this helps.
Purchased a used 2013 Jetta TDI with 65k miles. Filled up with diesel from top supplier & added Kleen Diesel octane booster/cleaner/additive. Power & MPG increased significantly. 1 month later, engine light comes on. DPF needs replacing...

Was told I have to wait at least one (1) month for parts to arrive! Dealership told me it’s ok to drive. MPG gradually started to drop along with power. During heat wave in July, vehicle shut off at traffic light. Started back up but felt weird. Called dealership, told them what happened & all of a sudden, the parts arrived! Certified preowned warranty covered the cost of repairs & runs like new!

Comments from dealership repair invoice: “69493 MIL is on and vehicle does lack performance. Excessive soot in tail pipe and egr filter pipe. Replaced dpf, egr filter pipe, and all associated hardware. Reset dpf adaptations and soot level. Vehicle now performs as it should.”

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
In the US anyway this stuff is covered by a court mandated long, long warranty and would be covered. You might want to check if this is so in your country. But with a 2014 I would suspect that regens aren't happening as they should and you should take an active interest in ensuring they do happen by monitoring with a tool like VCDS and/or vag_dpf app and a BT adapter. These tools can tell you what the soot and ash load is as well as when a regen is fixing to happen or in progress. Best to let it happen and/or finish if started. Tiny countries with constant short commutes can have dpf regen issues.