2microntech - Helping to Keep Your Common Rail VW Alive!!

bloc

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI
Yeah, that's WAY more constructive. 37 pages.. what percentage of which is off topic?

Oh.. and I can take more pictures if anyone wants..

dhdenney

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI Ibis white
I'll contribute something constructive. It looks like the 1 micron filter is now $35.70/ea vs the $25 figure in the first post. I am getting a kit in the next few weeks and am considering the 2 micron just based on price and availability. The CimTek 70025 is terribly hard to find.

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
I'll contribute something constructive. It looks like the 1 micron filter is now $35.70/ea vs the $25 figure in the first post. I am getting a kit in the next few weeks and am considering the 2 micron just based on price and availability. The CimTek 70025 is terribly hard to find.
Thanks for the info on price and nice to hear that the kits are still shipping.
I bought two of the 1 micron filters when I got my kit 21 months ago. They arrived in sealed plastic so the "spare" one should should be good for quite a long time. For a few extra dollars over the 2 micron filter, I wanted the 1 micron filter, which may be overkill.

FYI I have over 37K miles on the kit and the gauge still reads the same as the day I installed it (on Jul 25 2013). My point is, the filter may not have to be changed as often as I thought it would. Just a point for consideration.

r3trol0gic

Vendor
TDI
2010 Golf 6MT
Hey all - For those of you looking for a 70025 1 Micron filter at a great price, just send me a quick line at covermytdi@yahoo.com. I have been working with Andrew to supply these to folks with his kit. For most of the US I can get a filter to you around $33 shipped! :)

dhdenney

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI Ibis white
Hey all - For those of you looking for a 70025 1 Micron filter at a great price, just send me a quick line at covermytdi@yahoo.com. I have been working with Andrew to supply these to folks with his kit. For most of the US I can get a filter to you around $33 shipped! :)
"A great vendor in NY" was said to have these--thanks for posting so we know! I'm sure your name is floating around here somewhere but I hadn't seen it. :)

Terry270

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf, 10 A3
Just finished the install yesterday on my 2010 A3. Very good instructions (even I could figure it out) and Andrew was nice enough to make himself available if I ran into a problem. Thanks again!

bloc

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI
Still running strong, no rail pressure issues despite trying to make it happen. Car drives just as if the fuel system were stock with the stage 3 tune.

Bulldogger

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf killed by the dealer. 2014 Beetle given as replacement
2microntech BEETLE

Hey figured I'd let everyone know the system fits in the 2013+ Beetle. Headlight clearance is not an issue but the bottom AC line won't bend out of the way because of the way it is mounted. You just need to move the secondary filter a touch closer to the alternator side you will miss the black plastic AC fill port cap.
Enjoy and Happy Motoring
PS Andrew I painted your logo in black to give it a little more ZING:D

mr_y82

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have... '11 Golf, 6-spd, 2-door
Mine went it yesterday... I cheated and took it to Appalachian Diesel Works. I don't have tools or scan stuff for VW yet, and liked the idea of having the insurance policy. Daniel (owner of ADW) is a great guy and on the trusted mechanics list... For anyone in western NC, who likes to let someone else do some of their work, I recommend him highly!

Daniel put a drain kit I got from Andrew in too... I didn't take pics, but as stated elsewhere there was sludge in the IC charge tube... here is the box that actuates the drain! I need to get some velcro or more elegant solution for the duct tape you see...

Also, a shout out to Andrew for his patience, pleasantness, and promptness during out extensive email interactions! He seems to reinforce the stereotype that Canadians are a cordial folk, eh? Cheers Andrew!

Last edited:

rbcsaver

TDI
Audi A3
I posted this on the forum because 2 Microns PM mailbox is full.

I assume that you manufacture a unit for my vehicle.
Please provide me with a total cost. Am I correct in that assuming IF my 120,000 mile A3 TDI HPFP disintegrates, fuel tank cleaning and line flushing up to your unit is still required?

Thank you, rbcsaver

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)

Please provide me with a total cost. Am I correct in that assuming IF my 120,000 mile A3 TDI HPFP disintegrates, fuel tank cleaning and line flushing up to your unit is still required?
The A3 has the exact same engine as the 2009 Jetta, so the same unit ought to work perfectly. 2micron probably knows for sure.
His PM mailbox is often full, it is usually easier to contact him by email. His email address is in post #1 in this thread.

Have Fun!

Don

rbcsaver

TDI
Audi A3
My 2011 Audi A3 has just 120,000 miles on it. When I purchased the vehicle 3.5 years ago, it had just over 19,000 miles. i drive about 30,000 miles a year to and from work.
I change the Castrol Professional SLX LLO3 oil and Mann filter routinely at 10,000 miles. I also have the oil professional analyzed.

The last results are: "Aluminum and potassium are high again. We're honestly not sure what's causing this. As you know, potassium can show coolant, but we're not sure that's the source here since sodium is very low and the other metals are in fine shape. We do sometimes see these elements from the emissions system or the intercooler, but that's normally in newer engines. It's possible these increases show a problem since they did increase on a per mile basis compared to last time, but it's hard to say that for sure. No fuel dilution this time. Run 6,000 miles and check back."

Potassium and aluminum have doubled in the last 10 months the Aluminum was 42 and 40 (one year ago it was 21) and Potassium was 44 and 45. One year ago, that was 24.

This last sample was taken by the dealer when the changed the timing belt and water pump at 119,500 miles with about 6600 miles on the oil.

Any thoughts? Could this be wearing on the HPFP?
regards,
rbcsaver

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Am I correct in that assuming IF my 120,000 mile A3 TDI HPFP disintegrates, fuel tank cleaning and line flushing up to your unit is still required?
This kinda depends on what you buy and install. Andrew (2micron) sells 2 distinct kits:
1) The "pure flow" kit modifies the fuel flow in (and to) the fuel pump. It separates fuel to the high pressure part of the pump so that a pump failure does not contaminate the high pressure part of the system (fuel rail, injectors, etc).
2) The "contain flow" kit modifies the return fuel flow from the engine (and fuel pump). A one (or 2) micron filter traps any debris from a pump failure before it can contaminate the fuel tank, fuel pumps, or fuel lines.

Each kit protects a different part of your car's fuel system. If you install both systems, you should be as close to completely protected as possible. In the event of an HPFP failure all you should have to replace is the HPFP itself, a fuel filter, and a few feet of fuel line (from the HPFP return to the contain flow filter).

Have Fun!

Don

P.S. There has already been one case reported here where this worked!!

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
This last sample was taken by the dealer when the changed the timing belt and water pump at 119,500 miles with about 6600 miles on the oil.

Any thoughts? Could this be wearing on the HPFP?
regards,
rbcsaver
I know almost nothing about oil chemistry or used oil analysis, so I can't say anything intelligent about this question. However, there is a sticky thread in the Fuels and Lubricants forum where the experts are more likely to see your question. You might want to post your UOA results in this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=154548 and see if anybody there can give you any information.

Have Fun!

Don

Terry270

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf, 10 A3

Thank you, rbcsaver
We just installed 2micron's kit a few months ago on our 2010 A3 and let me tell you I am sleeping better knowing that in the event of a failure all I will be replacing is easy to reach hpfp and filters! Get his complete setup and you'll be good to go.

Terry

antikid

TDI
2010 JSW DSG
Any thoughts on the kits now that there is an actual VW extended warranty?

I am in line to get the setup, but don't want to risk anything with VW on the off chance that something happens. I am at 87k right now and could just keep it around until 120k and then install it.

mr_y82

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have... '11 Golf, 6-spd, 2-door
^ hopefully we can still get the pump covered, but you can also now take your chances with the extended warranty... I did this just before they announced the extension, and I just got my letter, but I don't regret protecting my TDI!

what about the ic drain? I don't see anything about it listed on his site.
Not sure it's being sold yet... I got lucky.

2micron

Vendor
TDI
None
Any thoughts on the kits now that there is an actual VW extended warranty?

I am in line to get the setup, but don't want to risk anything with VW on the off chance that something happens. I am at 87k right now and could just keep it around until 120k and then install it.
The Extended warranty is wonderful news. It helps the low mile owners carry on and now defines the group of owners that would most benefit from these kits.
This is really good news.
I would strongly suggest to wait until you are closer to 120k miles before considering these kits.
Simple:
Less than 120 K miles, no kit for you!!
Over 120 K miles, sure, consider the kits!!
Thanks!!
Andrew

Terry270

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf, 10 A3
The Extended warranty is wonderful news. It helps the low mile owners carry on and now defines the group of owners that would most benefit from these kits.
This is really good news.
I would strongly suggest to wait until you are closer to 120k miles before considering these kits.
Simple:
Less than 120 K miles, no kit for you!!
Over 120 K miles, you're crazy not to install the kit!!!
Thanks!!
Andrew
So modest. I fixed it for you lol

bennybmn

Veteran Member
TDI
(Formerly) '11 Jetta 6 speed, Alltrack 6MT
So what's the wait time on the kits these days? I have <70K on my 2011, but I have a (mild) tune, and took out the miss-fuel adapter since I could actually PUT FUEL IN my tank with it installed... So I'm considering the kit.

2micron

Vendor
TDI
None
So what's the wait time on the kits these days? I have <70K on my 2011, but I have a (mild) tune, and took out the miss-fuel adapter since I could actually PUT FUEL IN my tank with it installed... So I'm considering the kit.
Hello Benny, I sent you a PM!
Thanks!!
Andrew

MeatWhistle

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI Premium w/nav
I am also curious about the wait time. I don't need the kit right now and would hate to take it from someone who does. Also does anybody know if the extended warranty is for 2014 models also? I haven't received any letters from vw about this. As of now I am planning on putting this kit on at 60k. Thanks.