View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2016, 20:51   #43
whitedog
Veteran Member

Good thing I like driving. Just about 4900 miles total. That was with a round about route in the Black Hills and a trip to PDX before coming home. The PDX side trip added a couple hundred to the trip.

The route out was to Montana then off the freeway at Little Big Horn and across to the Black Hills. Across SD, MN & WI. Just over 2300 miles to get there. I left after all was said and done and drove until about 2:30. Slept until 6:30 and drove to just shy of the middle of NE. I found the graves of my G G G G Grandparents and one of their sons then found a camp ground. On the road at 6:00 and drove to just past Pocatello, ID getting in about 9:30. Threw up a tent, slept until 5:00 and was on the road at 5:34. I pulled into the driveway at about 7:30.

Going out I kept my speedometer at five over the posted and got 39 MPG most of the way. Going back, I kept it at five over, with a max of 75. I haven't figured my MPG yet but I'm guessing going back it was about 45ish. I'm just not going to hold it at 57 MPH across these wide open spaces. 75 across WY and NE was bad enough.

Page generated in 0.06785 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.01 Kb. compressed to 13.50 Kb. by saving 1.51 Kb. (10.06%)]