San Diego TDI GTG Saturday June 2nd 2012

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
I'd like to do a GTG in San Diego. No one's been able to cough up a new location where we can wrench and do all that stuff like our last one. So let's just copy the Mission Bay trip. Not trying to spend too much time organizing so lets just make it happen soon.

No more waiting for the stars to align.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...ight=san+diego

*Matt-98AHU is free so he can come if there's any interest for work* We'll need to figure out where to put you guys if the jobs big enough.

I wasn't there, so other folks can chime in on logistics. Maybe I'll see if John.Jackson will help me out.

Here is blacksheep's picture. We can do it there.

If you want a tune, if you want work done from a guru, if you wanna hang and shine it up, if you're interested in a cruise. Speak now and we'll get this ball rolling. I have no idea if they are interested in coming, but I wanna meet nonetheless.

Jeremy

Last edited:

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Mission Bay Park is a great place. Lots of parking lot space. Easy access from Interstate 5. Grass, beach, BBQ, picnic tables, restrooms. Very family friendly. Two years ago we had a good GTG. Lots of pictures in this old thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=278842

I will bring the portable Coleman Grill, a 6 ft. picnic table, and a couple of chairs. Should have some picnic plates, eating utensils, and all that stuff too. Weather should be typical Southern California June weather. Over cast in the morning and great by the late morning.

Come one, come all.

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'97 B4 w/ 236K mi body, 46K mi soul
It was fun last time too. Bring sunscreen ;). I'll have to check to see if I can go, but I don't see an issue with it at the moment.

If we want to do the same drive that was done that year, I remember the road. I'm not completely certain on the fastest way to get there however... Jeremy, with the long straights, you'll enjoy opening it up :)

in the very least, I'll make tentative plans to come by as well.

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
How's it lookin, anyone interested besides the people I speak to too much? (no offense guys ;)).

Danielg42

Veteran Member
TDI
B5 Passat BHW - 6 speed manual
What time are you thinking of starting? I could probably show up for a mid morning-afternoon thing. :)

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
9am sounded like the start time. So I can keep it that way.

Finish that 4runner already!

Danielg42

Veteran Member
TDI
B5 Passat BHW - 6 speed manual
Ok, it's on my calendar, from 9 until noon at least. :)

We'll see if I can drive the 4runner by then (unlikely)? lol

brandonfast

Veteran Member
TDI
alh rabbit, alh golf
im in. just to hang out and chit chat. i can bring vagcom if needed, im sure alot of you guys have that covered though.

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
1. kooyajerms
2. johnjackson
3. 03springer
4. danielg42
5. brandonfast
6. pappyhat

maybeeze
dieselpower04
digital corpus
temporaptor

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
The question for me now is; which car will make it down there?!

The '96 Passat rebuild should be coming together here within the next couple weeks.

Any bets on if I show up in the Mk3 or B4? :D

Also, just throwing this out there, I do Malone tunes now :)

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'97 B4 w/ 236K mi body, 46K mi soul
The question for me now is; which car will make it down there?!
The '96 Passat rebuild should be coming together here within the next couple weeks.
Any bets on if I show up in the Mk3 or B4? :D
Also, just throwing this out there, I do Malone tunes now :)
How's your A3's suspension?

LOUDERMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 2dr Golf TDI, 6MT
I might head over there if i can't find an AZ meet. I'd need to leave early but its doable for a day trip.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

SFHGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jolf GLS TDI - Reflex Silver (purchased 2011) | Previously: 2001 Golf GL TDI - Indigo Blue (sold 2005)
Man, I keep missing these things because of prior commitments :(. When's next one in LA area? Summer sometime?

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
The EuroTuning 6 speed conversion kit is installed in my wagon now. Anyone who wants to see it or take a test drive is welcome to come to the SD GTG. The car will be there. The kit is excellent, very well thought out.

Matt-AHU98 also put in the A4 shift tower and shift system at the same time. All I can say is it is a totally different car. This is the single best improvement/change I have seen. It beats the chiptune for making the car a real pleasure to drive.

Looking forward to Saturday June 2 at Mission Bay Park. We will all have fun and some good food!! Doesnt matter if there are only 10 cars there or 30. We will have FUN.

Looking forward to seeing more TDIclub members.

LOUDERMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 2dr Golf TDI, 6MT
As of now, I'm planning on heading out there. I hope to get my diesel geek shift kit installed by then. Seems like its held in very high regard.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
That's exactly how I felt when I did the conversion on my own car (the shift linkage that is--haven't done a 6 speed conversion on any of my cars--yet).

Definitely a massive difference! It was honestly getting frustrating to drive the car, always a challenge to find gears. Now it's actually enjoyable! Inspires me to drive it more :D

And drive a lot I do!