2010 VW JETTA TDI Cup Edition FOR SALE

INTDICup

TDI
2010 VW TDI Cup Edition
Selling (insert fits of uncontrollable sobbing here) my WHITE 2010 VW TDI Cup Edition.

Why you ask?

Well, being the very adventurous individual that I am, I bought a stick thinking about the joys and exhilaration that can only come from manually operated peel machines, as my good friend and car enthusiast, calls them. Unfortunately and to my dismay, my beautiful wife (we'll call her Abigail) has now realized just how inconvenient it is to only be able to drive just half of the family vehicles. That and as you can tell by the incredibly low miles it just isn't getting driven as much as it should to take advantage of the generous MPG's.

Here's the scoop...

• 2010 VW Jetta TDI Cup Edition Clean Diesel
  • 13k miles
  • Sunroof
  • Cup Edition Body Kit
  • iPod Adapter
  • White exterior, black interior
  • Cloth rally seats
  • MANUAL TRANSMISSION (6 speed)
  • Mat Kit
  • Tinted windows (the ONLY thing that has been done to the car)

I've had the 10k service done at the local Fort Wayne VW dealer and the balance of the factory warranty (36 miles or Jan 2014 whichever comes first) and Care Free maintenance is included.

Car is in EXCELLENT shape. Non smoker and I'm the only one that has ever driven it. Car is CLEAN and everything runs and operates like it did day one.

NADA value is 26,500 without the iPod adapter ($300) or tinted windows ($200).

ASKING 26,000 and am firm on price. Please email (loeffler3@gmail.com) or call/txt @ 260-413-7244 for pictures or questions

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
What is the deal with vagina-equipped humans and stick shifts? My mom, wife, all three of my sisters, my dad's wife can ALL drive them fine... and they all tell me mommy parts don't get in the way. My wife is always puzzled by this. But whatever.

Mcgink

Veteran Member
TDI
I-Red,"The Passat formerly known as Harlequin" 97 B4, a non VW GTDI too
OK, I can't resist:

Dear Abby :D, please learn how to drive a stick so that your husband's "fits of uncontrollable sobbing" will be cured :eek:. Plus, He can keep his TDI :cool:

Good luck with your sale ;)

INTDICup

TDI
2010 VW TDI Cup Edition
Wow, love the posts and replies. Ironically enough I tried to teach her and she dropped the thing into first and second so smoothly and then she freaked, put the car back in neutral and said "i can't do this". She hasnt been in the driver's seat again. Urgh!

INTDICup

TDI
2010 VW TDI Cup Edition
sirpuddingfoot....tell me about your DSG. Miles, condition, color? Can you email me photos...loeffler3@gmail.com

INTDICup

TDI
2010 VW TDI Cup Edition
Photos

Anyone seen the photos. Thoughts? Any more questions about the car? Any interested parties?

INTDICup

TDI
2010 VW TDI Cup Edition
Help

Ok veteran forum members...

Have had this car for sale about three weeks via autotrader and just recently on here. Not much interest so far. Price I know is on the upper end but have received positive feedback as to where it is.

Are there any other places, perhaps lesser known, that would be good to advertise? Thanks in advance!

Mac26Mac

TDI
MK IV Golf
Ok veteran forum members...
Have had this car for sale about three weeks via autotrader and just recently on here. Not much interest so far. Price I know is on the upper end but have received positive feedback as to where it is.
Are there any other places, perhaps lesser known, that would be good to advertise? Thanks in advance!
Honestly, it's price. I just came back from the VW dealer. $25k out the door for a 2012 TDi. Why would I want a 2-3 year old one for $26k?

INTDICup

TDI
2010 VW TDI Cup Edition
Mac - Yeah, I can see your point. For those who aren't enthusiasts, the cup edition probably doesnt make as much sense. I had the same comparative when I bought mine, but the aggressive aesthetics, performance and handling, and special characterics were appealing. It's only a year and 1/2 old, bought in Jan of 11... Hence the low miles.

Enjoy your new ride!

Cup Edition seekers contact me and lets talk!

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
So.....did you sell it? Autotrader says it's no longer for sale. Did your wife learn to drive it?

Mac26Mac

TDI
MK IV Golf
Mac - Yeah, I can see your point. For those who aren't enthusiasts, the cup edition probably doesnt make as much sense. I had the same comparative when I bought mine, but the aggressive aesthetics, performance and handling, and special characterics were appealing. It's only a year and 1/2 old, bought in Jan of 11... Hence the low miles.
Enjoy your new ride!
Exactly. It's a super-duper limited market. No one is buying (or willing to pay extra for cup edition). I have the cash, but certainly wouldn't pay the premium. Right now, the market won't bear it. So either wait until someone is willing to pay the premium or take the loss.

grnbaja72

Veteran Member
TDI
None but will again someday
hey man i hate to tell you but the lack of interest is because your price is too high i just paid $22000 for a 2010 cup edition with a dsg and 20k

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Cup cars are rare(r) it seems with the lifetime gearbox, but the price is still too high I agree.

INTDICup

TDI
2010 VW TDI Cup Edition
Can you explain the "lifetime" gearbox Oilhammer?

I did lower the price, see the autotrader link above for all those encouraging me to do so. I know others have gotten "deals" but am not willing to go any lower than 25k at this point. Car is in pristine condition and would be hard pressed to find one in better shape. Thanks to all those sharing their thoughts!

grnbaja72

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes mine came with the cup edition body kit. I had to pay tax though when i got it so that bumped up the price 1600 you can take it for what its worth since its kinda part of the purchase price of the car. the front bumper had some issues though and im about $200 into fixing that.

Last edited:

grnbaja72

Veteran Member
TDI
and i agree with oihammer i would have paid more to find one with a manual trans. Wanna trade?

shizzler

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW Wagon
It's only a year and 1/2 old, bought in Jan of 11... Hence the low miles.

Enjoy your new ride!

Just an FYI, small typo in your autotrader ad. You state the 3 year warranty started on 1/10 as opposed to 1/11. Doesn't really matter as you clearly say the _end_ of the warranty to be 1/14, but just thought I'd tell ya.
Nice car, wish I had more money for a suitable down payment to keep loan payments small enough.