West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - October 2017

suemcclary

TDI
2005 and 2009 Jetta, 2010 Golf, 2015 Passat
Have lots of fun, everyone. We can't attend this year as it is my husband's 50 year class reunion. Will miss the socializing and always good information!

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Know this is short notice but a friend of mine can use an interior trim piece for an A4 Jetta/Golf which is the one that goes under the glovebox on the passenger side - color is black. So if anyone has one shoot me a PM and/or LMK here that you will bring same including price for same.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
I have several here for sale out of my parts stash (both aluminum and galv. steel) - CHEAP!

I have a 10ftx 20ft awning setup with lots of used parts for sale in it that my grand daughters will be presiding over - (they love it).

Kirk

And Robert (251) is correct, you will need a hardware kit to install these.
Any golf hoods or grilles? Mk4

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Car's full of fuel and at some point tonight I'll pack a bag. Leaving early in the AM, traveling into Canada at Niagara Falls and across the top of Lake Erie. My house to Sarnia, Ontario, where I travel back into the states is 685 miles, so I shouldn't have to refuel in Canada. Hotel near Grand Rapids is 879 miles. If I drove the B4 I could make it on one tank. IBW, not so much, at least not at 75-80 MPH.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Any golf hoods or grilles? Mk4
Nope, but have two rust free MK4 Golf hatches, one white and one silver.

Three MK4 Jetta wagon doors, in indigo blue, rust free, dent free, and one indigo blue rear bumper cover for a wagon

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Per forecast 100% chance of rain for the GTG day so it's gonna be on the soggy side looks like...

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
So are we getting wet or are we cancelled?
This GTG will happen rain or shine - guaranteed!

Have a few too many coming a long way including hotel reservations to just "up and cancel" which is NOT going to happen!

Kirk has two garages plus there will be some canopies to provide shelter from "liquid sunshine". I know as we've had rain at ones in the past - didn't stop us one bit from having a good time.

I only point out the rain factor so one can be prepared with a good rain jacket or umbrella if desired. So unless you drive a show car that never sees rain c'mon out and join us...! :cool:

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Seems there was rain last year and Kirk was well prepared for it. No worries.

speed185187

Veteran Member
TDI
Case 580 Super M,
I’m going to sit this one out. Wednesday afternoon I started feeling a cold happening, by thurs it was fully progressed. It might be turning into a sinus infection again and I don’t want to spread the love.

Technician!

Veteran Member
TDI
None, currently
I have several here for sale out of my parts stash (both aluminum and galv. steel) - CHEAP!

I have a 10ftx 20ft awning setup with lots of used parts for sale in it that my grand daughters will be presiding over - (they love it).

Kirk

And Robert (251) is correct, you will need a hardware kit to install these.
No problemo. Cheep is what I want!!! I can fabricate what I need.

Looking for lift parts (or kits) as well.

Boostdcrx91

TDI
Looking for one
Well my ps hose never made it here in time, and really don't wanna pay for one from the stealership so Im really pissed I have to cancel my tune and miss this meet tomorrow. ? Hopefully there will be another soon or I guess I'll be ordering a Malone.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Well my ps hose never made it here in time, and really don't wanna pay for one from the stealership so Im really pissed I have to cancel my tune and miss this meet tomorrow. ? Hopefully there will be another soon or I guess I'll be ordering a Malone.
Are you referring to a boost pressure relief hose / fitting? Not sure what you mean by 'ps'? If so, Rocketchip supplied one as part of the tuning process when my A4 Jetta was chipped years ago. Might be worth your while to see if you can contact Jeff this afternoon/evening to see if he can help you out so all may not be lost here yet...

As for another GTG "soon" right now Kirk is the only one hosting one nowadays in Michigan so it should be October 2018 (don't quote me on this - I'm not speaking for Kirk here) before the next one.

Also remember you can still come and learn about TDI's with like minded individuals! :)

Boostdcrx91

TDI
Looking for one
Are you referring to a boost pressure relief hose / fitting? Not sure what you mean by 'ps'? If so, Rocketchip supplied one as part of the tuning process when my A4 Jetta was chipped years ago. Might be worth your while to see if you can contact Jeff this afternoon/evening to see if he can help you out so all may not be lost here yet...

As for another GTG "soon" right now Kirk is the only one hosting one nowadays in Michigan so it should be October 2018 (don't quote me on this - I'm not speaking for Kirk here) before the next one.

Also remember you can still come and learn about TDI's with like minded individuals! :)
No im referring to my power steering hose that blew last weekend, and found one for $30 Instead of$90 at the stealership. I didn't think it would take this long. And then I still hope that the hose is the only problem since it blew on my way home from Lansing at night and nothing I could do but drive it home.

Boostdcrx91

TDI
Looking for one

And I still might try to make it up fosho!

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
arrived in Mi.
Jeff ;-))

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
Ahhhh... the early morning wake-up b4 a GTG :eek: Yes Robert I still remember fondly the "old days" of the epicenter, we've come a long way since the bad old days of "stealership" cluelessness and having only ourselves and these forums for guidance in working on these quirky vehicles... tearing up now... well, not really but to be honest, to steal a line from Carly Simon, these are the good old days and I thank the TDI Gods that we still have these forums and the friends created over a shared interest and/or frustration for these vehicles and powerplants. See ya'all soon! :cool::cool::cool:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Have fun and try to stay dry! I'm working a 14 hour shift at work today... fun, fun. :rolleyes:

Bad_Vision

TDI
1985 Toyota pickup TDI swapped.
Thanks for the warm reception guys I didn't know how I would be received bringing a Toyota truck to this gathering but everyone was nice and full of information. Hopefully we keep in touch and have more meets!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Technician!

Veteran Member
TDI
None, currently
Kirk, I can't thank you enough for your hospitality and assistance you provided on my Jetta. Great time, food, and people. Nice to meet so many helpful and knowledgeable folks!!!

Steve

kja

TDI
99.5 golf alh
Bummed I missed this...couldn't make it today makes me happy all you folks maintain a friendly and welcoming community.

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
Thanks to Kirk and Linda for hosting yet another great TDI GTG! It was a nice member turn out despite the wet weather.
My best wishes to Franko6 who took a spill on an ATV and wound up in the hospital. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Had a great day yesterday, but please remember to lift up Frank Irving in your thoughts and prayers as he took a tumble while we were quad riding up north on Friday. He is in the hospital with a few broken ribs and fractured lumbar vertebrae. Hopefully he won't have to stay more than a couple of days.

We missed him at the Fall GTG.

Kirk

Last edited:

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Thanks to our great hosts! Many wonderful old friends in attendance, and some new friends made. I was encouraged to see a new generation of diesel heads.......

The bug was chipped, and it is now very happy! I found some unique parts for the bug hat went home with me. Good eats.

Home trip was fun. After falling asleep at 80 mph, i had to get off the road. I found a small fire department near Holland, and caught a 5 hour nap in their parking lot. Otherwise, uneventful trip home, arriving 0930.

Looking forward tot the next GTG.

Frank, get well.

Bruce

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Just got home. About 1,900 miles round trip. As always IBW didn't miss a beat, although high winds, A/C use, and rain (and Michigan's crazy high speed drivers) kept FE in the 46 MPG range.

It was great to finally make it to this GTG. What a cast of long-time TDIClubbers! Lots of fun. And I haven't seen so many MKIV cars in one place in a long, long time. Keep up the good work keeping them running in Michigan, Kirk and Marty!

Thanks for hosting, Kirk. I'm ready to do it again (well, maybe not tonight).

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Kirk,

Thank you for hosting this great GTG. My son Kenneth had a great time tending the fire in the rain, watching lots of small work happen in the garage, checking for upside down oil caps, and listening to all of the diesel talk. he is looking forward to getting ahold of his own TDI and playing.

Peter, I stewed about it all day and caved and had the RC1 DSG Tune done on my 2015 GSW. It is noticible how it changes the shift patterns, but really what it does is make the car drive like I would if it had a manual transmission and doesn't allow it to lug around town in 6th gear as much. I look forward to seeing how this affects regen frequency and perhaps even fuel mileage.

I am happy to report that we got the car into the 600 mile club on this trip. that takes some doing since the tank is so small in these GSWs.

Such a great day hanging out with old friends. and making new ones. That Toyota conversion was looking great.

Frank, rest up and heal well. Ill see you at the next one!

Aaron

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Aaron, glad you got the tune! I think you're going to love it. Jeff tuned a co-worker's 2015 Jetta DSG and he is much happier with the car. Makes a nice growl, too, and you can hear the turbo a bit at the exhaust tips at idle. Like the old days!