My 2012 TDI Touareg

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
Does this imply a new 2micron kit is imminent? Or another solution?
I did contact 2micron so balls in his court....if not i will cobble together another filter system some how.
Any plans to dyno after the new turbos?
No not yet, i never did a baseline so im not sure how useful it would be...but i know the power difference is beyond night and day

nokivasara

Veteran Member
TDI
Tiguan 4-motion, Golf mk7
not many mods right now...new trans settings and really happy with that so much better....as for the tune and turbo it has been flawless and just a total animal for such a big suv. This is one of the best vehicles ive ever been in, mpg, towing power, power, comfort and unreal awd im in love.

Anyway newest mod 31 bfg at k02s and it loves to eat snow now

Great pics!
I like the Touareq even though I don't like big SUV's in general. Has your fuel mileage dropped a lot after the turbos, tune and 31" tires?

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Great pics!
I like the Touareq even though I don't like big SUV's in general. Has your fuel mileage dropped a lot after the turbos, tune and 31" tires?
no mileage went up with the lack of crap in the exhaust and turbo didnt effect it either....i was getting mid 30s no problem...the 31s will effect it they are a 10ply and aggressive but i dont mind. Still should get 30 mpg or so
That shot on the bridge is such a great picture btw. Looks like something you'd see in a vw catalog.
Thank you sir

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Muffler was gutted....really didnt make any difference, perhaps 2dbs. So this will do untill the rear section straight pipe gets built. I do really like the black tho now the muffler doesnt stand out and blends in...much better

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
Some great pics! Are you a photographer or something?

-Todd

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
little 0-60 pull.....now KEEP in mind its on 31 bfgs, so they are way heavier and the speedo now reads 10km/hr slower due to increased height. Aside from that old girl still pulls decent

https://youtu.be/LBTh4rjPwuw

Last edited:

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Installed usp motorsports plate leds....they dont list touareg but having had a set for my mk6 jetta i knew the plug and light housing were the same so i ordered them up....love these things so good and bright, and no canbus issues

Before

After

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Love the car and mods. Picking my 13 up next month. Kinda want to order all the mods you've done right off the bat.

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
Beautiful car, and beautiful photographs.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
my poor girl ate a deer....really impressed how well it handled a big deer and kept me safe and got me home.

Almost 10,000 dollars insurance later my baby is back....the body shop threw out my hids tho so i need to redo them but she looks good

Next mods up...full interior leds, mirror leds.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
It's crazy how a deer hit that doesn't look that bad can cost you ~8K. :eek: Maybe with the new HIDs you'll be able to see that next deer a little further out and avoid taking your Touareg to the body shop. ;) Granted with deer there's never a guarantee they won't run into you. :(
Either way it looks like the body shop did a fantastic job and you'd never know the Treg was damaged. Looking forward to interior upgrades.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
It's crazy how a deer hit that doesn't look that bad can cost you ~8K. :eek: Maybe with the new HIDs you'll be able to see that next deer a little further out and avoid taking your Touareg to the body shop. ;) Granted with deer there's never a guarantee they won't run into you. :(
Either way it looks like the body shop did a fantastic job and you'd never know the Treg was damaged. Looking forward to interior upgrades.
i seen the deer plenty fine...stopping at 60mph on snow and ice instantly is the trick

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
interior leds in...wow dome and rear passenger domes are no fun to remove lol.....cant wait for nice weather to clean the interior lol. Also replaced the hids with a new h7r (reflector housing hids) and new fog leds. Looks much nicer again.

Tomorrow door safety leds and mirror puddle lights hopefully

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Dont advise trying mirrors in the cold, cracked passenger one...oh well time to upgrade

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
The Touareg looks great with the new LEDs. :D

I like the first pic in your last post. Looks like the snow is melting away in a hurry like it is here in Wisconsin.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
The Touareg looks great with the new LEDs. :D
I like the first pic in your last post. Looks like the snow is melting away in a hurry like it is here in Wisconsin.
Thanks....yah we have had a pretty lacking winter this year

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Been a long time since i updated this lol....so its changed a lot, now has 2.5 lift, 33 inch bfgs, rear section is now removed and straight piped. i made a custom 5 inch intake...xd 17 inch rims.....and there is still plans for more

joyjoy22

TDI
2015 Volkswagen Beetle
It seems like you have been through a lot of adventure with this car. The build probably paid off.