ABS Sensor Wire Harness Terminal

super1

Veteran Member
TDI
none
I have a 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI 5sp I looking to see if anybody knows where I can buy ABS Sensor Wire Harness Terminal (Pin). My wire pulled out of the terminal. I checked with my local VW Dealer & part stores all around but nobody has the correct terminal (pin) I have a harness from a junkyard Jetta but I rather not splice it in I rather just crimp a new terminal on.
It's for the R/F Wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
That wire looks intact. Try flaring out the barbs and pushing it back in. Those wires are made to remove with a special tool.

super1

Veteran Member
TDI
none
That wire looks intact. Try flaring out the barbs and pushing it back in. Those wires are made to remove with a special tool.

This Harness is from the junkyard Jetta just trying to show what I need

So you think or saying that I could open up the Barb from the old one and re-insert my wire and re-crimp it?

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
You won't need to recrimp just move the locking barb a bit and push it back in the socket. If in fact it just pulled out. If it's broken or rotted off that's another story. I broke a wire on mine and butt connected them together up where it goes into the wheel well, using a salvaged junkyard connector.

super1

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Tdijarhead
That picture is the from a good Harness that I got from a junkyard, I just separated to get a picture of the terminal that I needed
My wire did pull out from the terminal

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Understood. Open the old one up and recrimp. If it works great if it doesn’t you haven’t lost anything, as it stands now you have to replace it anyway. The recrimping might save you having to cut and splice.

super1

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Yes so these terminals aren't available then?

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
Plug parts are available, auto stores have many in stock.
ID-Parts also has them and short 'repair wires' with 2 pins and a length of wire between them.
I never had to buy any.

super1

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Ok
I’ll check ID-Parts but want just the terminal so I can crimp new one on