• Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Folks,

Let's let VOA,VAG, and anyone else interested in diesel sales in North America know just how influential this web site has become.

Please participate in the following poll

ducatipaso

Airhead Butcher
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
this is diesel #4 for me. im sure it'll be followed by another IF CALIFORNIA SEES THE LIGHT.

mikeyworks

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI Green, 2000 Jetta GLS TDI Blue
Well, do the three diesels I have in my driveway right now count?

I found TDIClub before the purchase...that's why I bought the car...research done here.

My interest in diesels has increased 10 fold since then!!!!!

Mikey

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
May the fleas of 1000 camels infest every hedonistic petro-head out there! All of them!

Diesel - ON !!

F1Rocks

TDI
2005 Passat Black/Anthracite
First diesel in a few years. Absolutely wonderful powertrain package. Wish I would have known about this site before buying though.

But I still like to work on my gasoline powered vehicles too! Probably not a big market for diesel powered snowmobiles yet. I wish Porsche would put the TDI in their Cayenne...nah the VW is nicer looking anyway.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No problem. I keep reading about how VW is gonna have a hard time selling diesels in North America.

We've got a really good marketing vehicle right here. Just look at the results so far!

PlaneCrazy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gone...
I voted "two" for number of diesel "vehicles" in the family but I didn't count our 18 hp Kubota diesel lawn tractor!

If you include the Kubota, we have THREE diesels, and two gassers. One of the gassers is my Beechraft, currently sitting in the hangar undergoing some preventive maintenance this winter. I'd love to get one of the new aircraft diesel engines for it, but at $35k, it would be worth nearly as much as the plane itself, and would put back my retirement to, oh, maybe age 105...

The other is our Honda Odyssey van, which was sitting ice encrusted for three weeks in our back yard. I finally chipped away at the ice and drove it 'round the block to keep it alive. I may drive it to church tomorrow (35 km) for the same reason. We hardly ever drive it now.

Mrs. PlaneCrazy MD drives the Jetta wagon, and I drive the Passat.

Occams_Razor

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, Reflex Silver
Maybe if they would just listen and bring here the "real" cars, (4Motion, 150PD's), they might see more people have an interest.

George

TDI
2012 Audi A3 Silver, 2010 Jetta Sportwagen, White
Take a look at Friday's Weekend Section of the Wall Street Journal. Big first page article on how manufacturers are looking more and more to Diesels for some of their luxury cars. They point out how they're here now and get great mileage. They review (sort of) the new Jeep Liberty CRD, the Passat TDI, Mercedes E320 CDI, BMW 740d (not avail in the USA yet), and Ford F-250 King Ranch. I was a little disappointed about their evaluation of the Passat because I think it's the best all-around sedan/wagon... but the point is there's a lot more mainstream press about the benefits of oil burners starting to pop up.

And for the record, I'd get one again in a second if I was in the market for a new car right now.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Shade Tree mechanics hit their stride with VAGCOM/OBD wireless interface:

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Fresh Aire lovers, eat your hearts out! The ultimate Cab is here!

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Dee-zul juice: proof that it's a bargain today and will be a bargain tomorrow!

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Thanks everyone! Keep it coming.

Snap shot:

97% of us who have voted would consider buying a diesel again!

70% of us who have voted have referred 2 or more people to a buy or consider a diesel!

42% of us who have voted own 2 or more diesels!

Collective Pat on the back! Someone needs to pay attention to this unscientific data!

L