Touareg V10 TDI vs Cayenne Turbo

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
There were some cool videos of TDI's on there (haven't perused the site that much). I still think it's ridiculous to offroad a Touareg though...as there were quite a few videos of just that.

ptempel

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat TDI Wagon
Yeah, I was watching a video of a British dude putting a Touareg through it's paces (off and on road). I doubt many SUVs out today are really fit for offroad use. But how many people really take them offroad? The Cayenne Turbo S is a sick SUV. For about $110,000, why would I want to buy that if I care about performance? SUV and road performance don't seem to equate. I guess it's just for those that don't care about the cost and want the fastest SUV. ;)

ptempel

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat TDI Wagon
I say drop a modified Audi R10 twin turbo diesel engine in the Touareg and let's see who gets spanked. :) But that's not totally fair since the displacement of the R10 is 5.5L versus 4.5L for the Porsche V8.

Thunderstruck

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI SE 6M
Yea! Imagine pulling up next to a Camaro and killing him with that car. (Although the way it smokes you might do just that, if his window's down.)

ptempel

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat TDI Wagon
It would be fun to see the Lupo beat a Camaro. The car looks like it's either chipped or has a power module based on the amount of smoke out of the tailpipe.

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
"Lupo ran on nitrous + propane, PD100 engine, 2.1L, ~330-350HP"

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=142062

cptmox said:
Actually, it looks like the AMG Gelanderwagen owns at all speeds.
Geländewagen (or if you don't like umlauts: Gelaendewagen)

It also leads the way to the pump - it has to with an EPA rating of 12/14 mpg :eek: Also take a look at how it performed in the slalom :rolleyes:
If you go to the next page in the review, it explains why these "performance" SUV's are ridiculous.

Last edited:

ptempel

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat TDI Wagon
greengeeker said:
"Lupo ran on nitrous + propane, PD100 engine, 2.1L, ~330-350HP"
Jesus. I didn't know you could squeeze THAT MUCH out of a 2.1L motor. Talk about a sleeper. This would easily spank the average chopped down rice burner with dark tint. :)