***New item*** Replacement shock Serpentine belt tensioners - MK4 VE TDI 1999 - 2003

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
Is your serpentine belt tensioner strut/shock worn out, or even just the boot? Don't spend $100+ to replace the whole assembly!

I think we are the first company to offer replacement shocks for these tensioners.

When the tensioner starts to get old they shake a lot, and the strut boot is always disintegrated.

These are on the website for $30, or you can buy it from us on ebay for $35.

Free shipping as always.

BUY HERE - AARodriguezCorp.com - New struts

Last edited:

brnsgrbr

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GOLF GTI converted to GTD
Darn! I needed this a few months back. Good to know for the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
thanks for the feedback and purchases guys, I'm glad we're not the only ones who thought this was a good idea

s.pavel6

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 Jetta TDI
This is awesome. Good thing to make!

Wondering what kind of longevity analysis you did on these struts? Will it last as long as the OEM tensioner unit?

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
We picked out high quality materials and got the ball rolling. I don't have a longevity analysis, nor have these been lab tested on a machine to estimate how long the will last.

I am giving a 1 Year, unlimited mileage warranty though. Free replacement or cash back if we cannot replace it.

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
Honestly, no. I've always done it by what feels "right" to me. Threadlock could be added if you were concerned about it backing out.

cr4zy3lgato

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2000
already ordered mine, but do you need to remove the serp belt to replace it? can you lock the tensioner in place (what size is the pin?) loosen the 2 bolts with a gearwrench and replace directly? am i missing something?

Thank you

kiva822

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Wagon
mine was already off the car from TB change....if you can change it in place, sure, I guess. But, it's pretty easy to get the whole unit out.

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
I would not recommend trying to install this with the tensioner on the car. It should only take about 10 minutes to take the serpentine belt tensioner off of the car.