Principal IDParts
Vendor
w/Business number

Fuel Economy: 50/45/37

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja8888 View Post
Paywall.
Really? Not for me.

I don't want to paste the whole article here, but here's some.

WHAT IF YOU HAD A PARTY AND 28,000 SATURN OWNERS
SHOWED UP?
By Warren Brown
June 26, 1994
SPRING HILL, TENN., JUNE 25 -- It was a revival meeting, replete with prayers, tents and gospel music.
There were ministers aplenty, one of whom presided over an impromptu wedding. There were children
everywhere, running through fields and playing on bales of hay, while their parents huddled in groups and
talked about God, family, country -- and Saturn.
"It's unbelievable," said Richard "Skip" Lefauve, president of Saturn Corp., a small-car company that began as a
laughable idea 12 years ago but has blossomed into a full-scale religion.
"Who would've thought? All of these people -- my God! All of these people are our customers," said Lefauve,
looking at a crowd of 15,000 Saturn owners who had gathered here Friday for the first day of a "Saturn
homecoming celebration." It was the company's first such gathering.
By the end of tonight's ceremonies, 28,000 Saturn owners and their families had shown up, nearly triple the
population of this middle Tennessee town in which the automaker is located.
Some came from as far away as Taiwan, and others from as close as Nashville, about 30 miles north of Spring
Hill. In a parking lot transformed into a sea of Saturns were license plates from Arizona and Alaska.
Many said they made the trip for three reasons: to see the 2,400-acre Saturn factory site, to meet the people
who built their cars and to find out if the Saturn philosophy of "togetherness" and "teamwork" was hype or
truth.
"Put it this way -- I've owned lots of cars and heard lots of tales from people who just wanted to make a sale,"
said Kirk Noland, 38, a corrections officer from Fayetteville, N.C. "But this is the first time a car company has
invited me to come and see what they do. I had a few days off, so I took 'em up on it," said Noland, who made
the almost 600-mile journey with his 11-year-old daughter, Dorothy, in his 1992 Saturn SL1 sedan.

Page generated in 0.06794 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 17.66 Kb. compressed to 16.10 Kb. by saving 1.56 Kb. (8.85%)]