Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
2005 B5.5V TDi BHW RC3
Geared BSM
Cam replaced@ 153K
Body is clean as well as interior
A/C works
Issue is Transmission is starting to go bad, great candidate for manual swap/conversion!
$1500 OBO
PM me with email for pictures.

Last edited:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Say it isn't so! The transmission was serviced - drained, new filter, refilled - not long before you bought the car, and that was the 2nd transmission...

...Issue is Transmission is starting to go bad...

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Define "starting to go bad", as lots of issued get wrongly blamed on the transmissions on lots of cars.

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
Is it still drivable? Or a tow away?
Well there was an intermittent Torque converter (P0741) that started popping up going around sweeping turns. The it started do more and more, then it started slipping, driving home today from transmission shop it was really slipping and not up shifting, especially 2nd 3rd, it now started to do that in 4 of the gears

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Sounds like it just needed a converter, but continuing to drive it may have ruined it altogether. :(

If I did not already have a pile of projects, LOL...

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
Sounds like it just needed a converter, but continuing to drive it may have ruined it altogether. :(
If I did not already have a pile of projects, LOL...
I didn't drive much at all, things just started to bad quickly . Hey, what's one more project!?!? ��

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
Say it isn't so! The transmission was serviced - drained, new filter, refilled - not long before you bought the car, and that was the 2nd transmission...
I guess it just couldn't handle the torque, it was fine up until last fall, then occasionally (going around sweeping turns, especially 895spur off of I-97 it started the torque converter issue. If I had a use for the car, I would see about getting conversion done myself, but my needs have changed so I really need a much newer vehicle. It still a nice solid car, drives nice, but the torque converter started malfunctioning daily, then last week or 2 trans slipped a little in 2-3 up shift. I towed it to Trans shop ( only because I didn't have a ride) and it slipped alot for him, when I picked it up, a couple not miles down the road, it started slipping more, I nursed it home, try to stay on i-97 to eat 50, bit hit traffic at 97-rt3 split and the halfway down 97, it wasn't wanting to up shift, I would pull over and the start over and would be able to get it to 5th.
This Fortunately, it served me well when I really needed it to, so that just life, hopefully I find a good home for it for some to convert to manual and get years of use from it

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
When the first transmission went out on it we needed both cars, and I couldn't wait for the manual conversion kit, so we had a VW reman unit installed. Otherwise, I might still have that wagon...

Last edited:

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
When the first transmission went out on it we needed both cars, and I couldn't wait for the manual conversion kit, so we had a VW reman unit installed. Otherwise, I might still have that wagon...
If I didn't need something newer, I would bget the conversion done. Actually still thinking about it.