Extended warranty after Emissions fix

Chino

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Had a CEL come on and fault codes seem to point to DPF bank 1 sensor. Would this be covered under the extended warranty VW after the fix was performed.

fredthe

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagon SEL DSG
It may be, but I've found it depends if that part is on the actual list of covered items. I had a CEL for the AdBlue heater, and the dealer said it wasn't covered but that I should call VW Customer Care. I did that, and the next day VW agreed to cover it.

best advise is to take it to a dealer, and be ready to suggest to VW that it should be covered as part of "The entire exhaust after treatment system."

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Also don't forget it says all disputes should be decided in the favor of the customer. Keep that one in your back pocket just in case.

joshuafail

TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
Had a CEL come on and fault codes seem to point to DPF bank 1 sensor. Would this be covered under the extended warranty VW after the fix was performed.
It should be. The extended warranty specifically states sensors, valves and actuators related to the emissions system are covered. If you’ve had any part of the fix done, you’re covered. If you haven’t had fixes done yet they could require you to fix it before modifying the vehicle but since this is an emissions component that would otherwise be covered, I don’t see why they’d give you grief over it.