ECS Chrome Tips for TDI

Tekd85

TDI
mk6 golf
Hello im a long time VW family member but new to the Forum world...

I recently purchased ecs tuning chrome tips for my 13'tdi golf ...

Just wanted to extend a caution when making this purchase if anyone was looking into a more flashy muffler tip end...

Basically the 60mm muffler tips and the ecs 80mm tips wont be held on very good with there provided set screw and nut...very poor ...luckely due to the nature of my job I was able to machine some sleeves to add a custom fit.

Not able to add pictures as of yet hopefully soon I will so eveyone can see that I mean.

Again Beware of the ECS tuning muffler tips ( they look good ) but will fall off...

jnmarshall

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Jetta, '13 JSW
Ahhh, the aftermarket bremmen. See if you can exchange them for the ones I linked. I haven't heard anything good about them.

Tekd85

TDI
mk6 golf
I was thinking the same thing but decided to machine some sleeves for it... Worked out good for me but maybe not so well for others....

jni3

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 sportwagen tdi / 2012 golf tdi
why would you waste your money? it looks fine the way it is.

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
It looks "fine" the way it is, but I think it looks better with chrome or stainless tips! It is the same with the taillights. They look fine stock, but I think the tinted LEDs look better.

Tekd85

TDI
mk6 golf
ksing44 ... looks sharp my friend...love those lights... Where you get them?? ( ECS ) ??
Did you remove the Golf badge also or did your come that way?

jni3 - It was 50 bucks small price to pay for a nice touch...

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
ksing44 ... looks sharp my friend...love those lights... Where you get them?? ( ECS ) ??
Did you remove the Golf badge also or did your come that way?
I did get the lights from ECS, back in September, 2010. Back then ECS didn't have the adapter wire plugs, so I got them from TM Tuning.

I removed the GOLF badge the first week I had the car. I also replaced the "GOLF" Monster Mats with "TDI" Monster Mats, so there was no trace of the GOLF name on my car. One thing about removing the GOLF badge, it makes the TDI look crooked. It actually is crooked, compared to the edge of the lights, but I think the GOLF and TDI badges are similarly angled in a complimentary way so it makes them appear to be mounted straight.

msantram

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 SportWagen TDI DSG (Buyback 2018.01.30)
Picked up my 11 JSW from my local shop (M-Tech in Wilmington, DE) tonight. They installed my Panzer Plate (from dieselgeek), fog lights, and chrome exhaust tips. I bought these tips from amazon after another member (probably ksing44) raved about them:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CPAW2O/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00

They spot welded them for me after they made sure I was happy about placement. I've upgraded a bunch of things on my JSW, but these tips are awesome! The ECS ones are nice, but a bit expensive. Save the money and spot weld the ones from amazon on your exhaust.

TDIAustin

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW, MT, Red/Cornsilk
^^^^Good idea if you've got someone handy to spot weld them. I paid a little more and got some very nice ones on ebay. Fit nice and stay put.

Black11TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI (Gone But not Forgotten), 2013 Tiguan SE 4 Motion
I got a good deal and got the VW Zubehör, only complaint they are a bit bigger then the factory tips but hardly noticeable from farther then 5 feet back, really cleans up the back end.

Last edited:

Black11TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI (Gone But not Forgotten), 2013 Tiguan SE 4 Motion
Nice...

BLACK11tdi ...how you liking the apr tune on your diesel...?
Only been in for a week, have a big charity cruise this weekend to really see how it handles, I can really feel the torque difference, and according to my instant read MPG I have picked up a few mpgs, I decided to try it out since I have the DSG, I had APR on my last car and loved it, I went to Malone a few months ago and they would not tune me unless I got the DSG tune as well.