Need Fuse Location Help - Fuel door and trunk won't open

MileageLover

TDI
06 Jetta TDI
I have an 06 Jetta TDI with 20K on it.

I just went to the gas station to top off my tank, and when I pulled the fuel tank release button, nada. I tried the trunk release next to it, again nada. I tried opening the trunk with my key fob - and still nothing. Tried then using the key fob to lock/unlock the car and it didn't work. Batteries in that are fine - red light is blinking.

I was going to check the fuse and see if the trunk release and fuel door were on the same fuse, but I can't figure out which fuse it is. It's not shown on the interior fuse panel diagram for box A, and my fuse box B is the 30 fuse box, and it is not shown on that one either. IT IS shown on vehicles with a 54 fuse box B as #3, but I don't have a number 3 in the 30. It shows one on the diagram, but there's no fuse in that location in my box. So which one controls the fuel door/trunk release?

I don't even know if the fuse makes sense, as the key fob should still lock/unlock my doors. They lock/unlock fine with the buttons in my door.

MileageLover

TDI
06 Jetta TDI
ARGGH!! I decided to wash the car and clean it up to vent some of my frustration. After I got done, just for grins, I hit the lock/unlock on my key fob. It worked. I pulled the fuel door release and trunk release. Both worked. I sooo hate intermittent electrical problems!!!! Maybe the explanation is that the fuse was loose, and when I replaced the fuse box covers it snapped it in?