ISO special tool for fuel injection pump in Los Angeles. '03 MK4 TDI

jesiah

TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon
Hey all! FIrst time posting here, but been driving VW diesels for many years now!

I'm in search of the " special tool ", proprietary socket to remove the do not tamper bolt on the fuel injection pump of my 2003 MK4 ALH Jetta TDI. It's part # 0986612605 aka 7mm triangle socket aka ?

Any chance there's someone in the LA area that has one to loan or sell?

I'm visiting my parents outside LA, in Fullerton / Anaheim, so without myvusual resources, can't grind a 7mm hex to fit... and need to leave by this weekend to get back to work (Portland). Haven't found a place online that can overnight the tool.
The shop that has the seals (RPM) didn't know about getting the special tool besides ordering online.

[The pump is leaking, and before dropping $1.5-2.5k for a mechanic to put in a new/rebuilt one, this seems like a very doable $20 fix (+ Vagcom), according to some great resources I've found in this forum!... if I can find this dang socket.]

Thanks for any help!

flee

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS wagon
I just read your post and I don't have that tool but would offer you a place to make/use it.
If you are still in the area PM me.

jesiah

TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon
I just read your post and I don't have that tool but would offer you a place to make/use it.
If you are still in the area PM me.
Thank you! I found the bit from another forum user, and the job is almost done. Really appreciate the offer!