How about a section for tire discussions?

phaser

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta PD - 490k
Tire discussions are scattered all over and it be a whole lot easier to follow this topic.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
**this is just my opinion and it probably stinks**

There are many topics on specific, major parts of the car that are scattered all over and I see nothing special about tires that would warrant their own section. I figure is a person or a dog is looking for info on tires, they could just search (If said dog can actually remember to do this) and go from there.

In order for that section to be effective, Fred would have to glean the board for all tire related threads and move each one to this new section. then everytime a newbie starts a new thread about tires outside of the tire section, it would have to be moved. If this were a democratic board, I would say, "Read my lips. No new thread."

phaser

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta PD - 490k
In order for that section to be effective, Fred would have to glean the board for all tire related threads and move each one to this new section.
It seems to me that would not be necessary. Once the tire section was added all NEW threads on tires would go there. Threads already going or those in the past would stay where they're at.

I doubt there would be much discussion or a thread ressurected about about last years winter tires for example. What would be the point?

All threads have a natural life cycle and eventually end. Tires are certainly no exception.

I just see a tire section as a further refinement where most if not all discussion on a topic can be found (no different than the other sections).

There doesn't seem to be interest though and that's ok. I just thought I'd throw it out there as a suggestion.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
And I think that it's good to throw it out there as suggestion, nothing wrong with that.

Remember WD-40 was the 40th water dispersant they tried and there were 39 suggestions that failed.