What fun stuff did you around in and around PDX?

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI, 09' JSW TDI, 09' BMW 335d
Never been to the George in Oregon. There is. George in Washington. Maybe you meant the scenic Columbia River GORGE. :D lol;)

ruking

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 VW Jetta, 5 M, Reflex Silver: 09 Jetta, 6 Sp DSG, Candy White: 12 VW Touareg, 8 Sp A/T, Flint Gray
Just recently went to Timberline (Forest Service property) . Amazingly, skiing, snow boarding is going on.

icecap

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI 5Spd Black Anthracite Pkg 1
Interesting place Portland, would have loved to spend more time there to explore. My old LG GPS couldn't find its own a$$ with both hands so consequently went on a lot of wild goose chases and drove around lost quite a bit. Fortunately it did consistantly find its way back to the Hotel:).

Saw a lot of interesting architecture that seems unique to Portland, i.e. the convention center and a lot of buildings in both residential and business areas. Lots of nice parks, historic sites etc., a clean city that present itself well and I loved the NO SALES TAX!:D Unlike the thieving *^$%# bags back home that just felt the need to impose a new HST (harmonized sales tax) nothing harmonious about it:mad:.

Way to go Portland!;)

Last edited:

Power_Not_Speed

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
I bounced between the Fest and the SOVREN vintage races at Portland Int'l Raceway. Really nice to see and hear the thundering F5000s and Can-Am cars again, various LeMans Ferraris, Alfas and Porsches, and watch incongruous matches such as a '65 Studebaker Commander mixing it up impressively with XKEs and Shelby Mustangs. So many great old cars there. But nowhere near as fun as the Fest!

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Finally got to see a west coast beach!

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
Gorge... George all the same..... main thing is Hood River's Full Sail Tasting room's got the best beer in the country!!!

Brokk

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 GLS TDI JETTA
Stopped at Maryhill winery on the way down and bought a couple bottles after tasting some of their offerings.

+1 Bunk Sandwitch what a cool place and good food.

Had dinner Thursday night at Toro Bravo in Portland on the east side of the river. Great spot, wonderful food and drinks. I love Moscow Mules wish I could find ginger beer locally.

Stopped in Hood River on the way home and walked around town and had lunch at a fun little place.

Went on a nice little "joyride" following Ed looking to find a place to wash our cars.

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
Also went to Lemolo lake Resort Southern OR and mountain biked on the NURT.. http://www.lemololakeresort.com/ Scott the owner is an awesome guy .... Tell him you are with TDI Club and you'll get a discount.. Going back next year for sure...