2.0 TDI CR Bug! 240hp+ stand alone ECU from Boxeer

Syncrogreg

Vendor
TDI
2.0 TDI CR SWAP ALWAYS FOR SALE
Stage 4 tdi cr bug!

https://youtu.be/vA77penpK-Y
Hit me up if you want one setup! It's what I'm doing full times these days. I build plug and play harnesses with engines kits up to spec and I can integrate all types of sensor up to customer requirement.
I like the using EGT sensor and oil pressure sensor on all my builds for good monitoring. I use 4bar Bosch sensor MAPT, and billet aluminum Intake and coolant parts.
Hit me up for quotes: instagram.com/boxeer_llc
Or boxeer.com
Thanks
Greg

Last edited:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Wow, that looks really cool! Are you building them on custom chassis or original bug? I've seen some of your other diesel conversions and am quite impressed with the quality work you do. I'd love one of these- I'll have to get in touch for more details.

Syncrogreg

Vendor
TDI
Thanks man, yes I have production molds to make more. While it is my plan to build whole cars in future I'm focusing on engines at the moment.

Syncrogreg

Vendor
TDI
just swapped that unknown transmission with code with the DVZ longitudinal transmission from VR6 PASSAT 5 speed manual and I'm running into an issue...
the flanges that were in the unknown transmission were 108mm with a small size stube spline and the DVZ have bigger CV that look like 112mm??? and also have a larger stub spline for the diff side.
If any body know where to find a flange that is the wide spline with the 108mm CV that would be awesome help right now I'm stuck
Thank you!

Syncrogreg

Vendor
TDI
I just changed the base engine for our Pikes peak car with the ea288. I found the head to breathe a lot more to start with!

Greg

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
The 1.8t passat 5 speed b5 passats used the smaller foot print cv axles. I have no idea if you can swap the flanges from the dvz over to the smaller flanges or not.

The b5 1.8t passats also used the smaller ID wheel hub bearings if I'm not mistaken. I have no idea if they changed the later b5.5 1.8t over to the larger style or not but i do know that the outer wheel bearings on all 98 to 2005 5 speed v6 passats are all the larger style as are all the 04/05 diesels. Your DVZ came from a v6 passat but it was not a VR6.

I wish i could give you more info but all i buy are the 04/05 diesels and any of the v6 5 speeds for the transmissions.

Last edited:

Syncrogreg

Vendor
TDI
The 1.8t flanges have a small OD spline and will not engage with DVZ diff. So the Passat "flower shape" flanges( do they have a name?)

So since I went from 1.8T trans to v6 DVZ I endup with the new flange pattern. I thing the easiest is to build an adapter plate from "flower shape" to 108mm.

Talk soon!

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
I LOVE how you have made a standalone computer for the TDIs/Diesels. Do you think you would consider branching out into the gas direct injection engines like VW's FSI engines?

The 3.6 and 2L FSI people either have to go through the process of using factory ECUs which is challenging due to the can-buss system where not all of the inputs go to the ecu or do a port injection swap and then deal with something like megasquirt. I would like to have megasquirt but use my factory parts (injectors, fuel pumps sensors and whatnot.

Syncrogreg

Vendor
TDI
So I have been running into "boost creep" limitations. Pretty much after 2800RPM with the VGT fully open I have to reduce fuelling otherwise the boost keep going up!

I think that the key to this would be to go to a bigger turbo or add a Wastegate pre turbo.

Gtb2260vk
I'm at 90mg IQ with a max EGT limiter set at 930 C.

Let me know your thoughts.

Greg

Syncrogreg

Vendor
TDI
Yes no problem for newest EFI. Just let me know which engine.
I LOVE how you have made a standalone computer for the TDIs/Diesels. Do you think you would consider branching out into the gas direct injection engines like VW's FSI engines?

The 3.6 and 2L FSI people either have to go through the process of using factory ECUs which is challenging due to the can-buss system where not all of the inputs go to the ecu or do a port injection swap and then deal with something like megasquirt. I would like to have megasquirt but use my factory parts (injectors, fuel pumps sensors and whatnot.

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
The dvz passat flange isn't weird. From 98 to 2005 all v6 passats used that flange, both auto and gasser. The difference was the length of the axles. The tdi 04 and 05 passats also used that flange.

I believe even the later 01 or 03 and up 4 cyl passats used that flange.

You may need to take 2 cv axles and have a drive shaft shop cut and weld 2 toghether then balance to make the inner and outer cv axle that you need.

If you find yourself in the Greenville area i have some good axles that will fit your flanges you can have.

Last edited:

Syncrogreg

Vendor
TDI
About to install the fresh custom made 9lbs Flywheel onto the CUAA engine! Along with the 700HP sintered South bend clutch setup.

Note this powerful engine version has 8 bolts instead of the 6 all Other TDI have :)

Will post some installed pics later tonight!

Greg

Syncrogreg

Vendor
TDI
All went well torqued to spec with loctite ��

Now it's time to assemble all that good stuff in the car!!

Greg

Last edited:

Syncrogreg

Vendor
TDI
Having maxed out the other 150HP engine to 268BHP we are now moving to the 240HP engine (the most powerful 2.0 TDI ever made in production) and hoping to make 420BHP out of that one...
Anyway here is the beast before install!
Huge intercooler!

700hp clutch!

An fittings everywhere!

An fittings everywhere!

150MG IQ injectors 2500Bar injection pressure system

Cp4.2 V2 high output pump!!!

I have 2x type Turbos to test G25-550 and gtb2566vk
Fixed turbo

Vgt

Talk soon!
Greg

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
Nice setup! That should really get the car moving. Hmmm, makes me wonder if that would fit in a MKIV chassis...

Can't wait to see you fit it into the car.:D

keaton

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI-less ATM
just swapped that unknown transmission with code with the DVZ longitudinal transmission from VR6 PASSAT 5 speed manual and I'm running into an issue...
the flanges that were in the unknown transmission were 108mm with a small size stube spline and the DVZ have bigger CV that look like 112mm??? and also have a larger stub spline for the diff side.
If any body know where to find a flange that is the wide spline with the 108mm CV that would be awesome help right now I'm stuck
Thank you!
What are you doing about gear ratios?

what are you doing about longer shift cables and sifter orientation?