View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2013, 10:31   #4
Chris Tobin
Veteran Member
Chris Tobin's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tennessee

I've seen different manufacturers of aftermarket coolers call them different things too, but typically it is either "intercooler" or "charge air cooler". In simplest terms they are a heat exchanger and I have seen them called heat exchangers a lot too, especially with the centrifugal superchargers and their kits...

For the record my VW seems to have a replacement Intercooler per the insurance company that paid to replace it. And my Duramax truck has a Banks Power Techni-Cooler installed on it.
Chris Tobin Freelance Editor & Photographer
Working with DIESEL WORLD, DIRT SPORTS & other mags
Custom poster size photos available. PM or email for info.
Chris Tobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.08886 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.46 Kb. compressed to 13.88 Kb. by saving 1.58 Kb. (10.19%)]