1Z to GTB adapter?

ketchupshirt88

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat daily, a bunch of others in the graveyard out back...
will the comp housing clear everything?

I cobbled together a t25 adapter to mock up and fit a TD04 on one of my spare blocks and it didnt clear the block... when i flipped it, it didnt clear the intake...

Thats when i decided to buy the 1.6td manifold that angles away from the engine... and there the project stalled.

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
I've got the AFN manifold and some plates for templates you can steal for a while to make your plates if you want Jimbote.

I'm not using them at the moment, all I ask is you pay for shipping both ways and maybe make me an extra set of copper gaskets if you make them for yours.

Jeremy

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
will the comp housing clear everything?

I cobbled together a t25 adapter to mock up and fit a TD04 on one of my spare blocks and it didnt clear the block... when i flipped it, it didnt clear the intake...

Thats when i decided to buy the 1.6td manifold that angles away from the engine... and there the project stalled.
i was a bit concerned about this because i swapped an ALH into a B4 and used the 1z manifold with a hybrid k03/4 and had to clearance the block and turbo slightly...but fortunately the GTB exhaust housing angles slightly away from block so clearance shouldn't be an issue
I've got the AFN manifold and some plates for templates you can steal for a while to make your plates if you want Jimbote.

I'm not using them at the moment, all I ask is you pay for shipping both ways and maybe make me an extra set of copper gaskets if you make them for yours.

Jeremy
thanks for the offer kooya, i have a bhw mani here and a ryanp adapter but want to use a 1z manifold to keep the turbo low and close to the block

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
No prob. I thought the clearance issues with the mani were not hitting the motor mount, and the block. Motor mount and where the TIP end up would be my concern, but then again i’m sure it’s for a conversion of some sort. ;)

ketchupshirt88

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat daily, a bunch of others in the graveyard out back...
i was a bit concerned about this because i swapped an ALH into a B4 and used the 1z manifold with a hybrid k03/4 and had to clearance the block and turbo slightly...but fortunately the GTB exhaust housing angles slightly away from block so clearance shouldn't be an issue
cool, i didnt know that.

Are all the GTB's like that or just the specific model you are using?

Care to post a pic of what you are working on for us?