Michigan ULSD

dabear95

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS, Silver
Hey Everyone,

My favorite BP truck station in Warren put out the ULSD stickers today. 10 mile and Sherwood in case anyone is wondering.

The station by my house (12 and Gratiot) does not say anything yet.

What about you guys West of me? Brighton, Fowlerville, etc?

Jason

bender16v

TDI
05 Golf
I have not seen it around here yet, but my last fillups were in Toronto and then in Holland, MI. I will keep an eye out for it.

michigandon

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 A3
The Mobil station @ I-94 & M-52 has ULSD stickers. They are also 10-20 cents a gallon HIGHER than everyone else in the neighborhood @ all times, so I would push my vehicles before I paid their prices. :mad: (I go there to use the RV dump :p).

Wacker still had LSD stickers as of today. Kinda suprised by that. :confused:

Don

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
Had to fuel a piece of equipment at work today and lo and behold, the diesel pump at the Speedway station at the corner of Division and Front in Traverse City had a (an? :confused: ) ULSD sticker on it. The diesel was clear as water. I didn't notice any obvious change in the operation of the equipment (skid-steer mounted cold planer) but the exhaust did not smell as dieselly, much nicer for anyone who isn't a diesel fanatic :D

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Georgeseq said:
Again, distribution has been delivering ULSD since June so that the sulfur in transport vehicles, pipes, etc. could be well flushed.. So, even tho a pump may not be appropriately labeled, there simply isn't any LSD left in the systems. Most refineries are producing ONLY ULSD, at least here in the midwest, with BP being the exception; their refinery for the midwest is producing ULSD and HIGH sulfur offroad. Marathon Oil is and has been producing ULSD only since May, 2006, etc. etc...

Unless it is a Ma & Pa waaay in the boondocks, one not need to worry about ULSD coming out the hose... Those $32,000 fines got everyone moving to ULSD in serious fashion.....
George Morrison

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
Understood. Call me obsessive but I have still been watching the pump stickers like a hawk for the change-over. Way too much crappy diesel out there (up until now) for my liking.

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
Guys- please post any locations where you actually see a ULSD label on this thread. We're trying to collect all locations on one thread. Thanks!!

ARBY

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Sportwagen - really want a F-150.
Yeah, I was at the BP on 9 and Hilton over the weekend (they have Premier) and only LSD decals, no ULSD ones. The Premier, though, was noticably green and seemed to foam a little more than a few weeks ago when I was there.