View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2008, 00:09   #4
petea4
Veteran Member

TDI(s): '01 Golf GLS

Day2 - Woke up Sunday, and parked the car in the corner lot at the hotel to clean up the glass/paint.

Had one person ask where he needs to go to schedule the detail job for his car. Possible buisness venture in hotels? mobile detail service?

Parked at the show and shine, finally registered, and with the money saved from the hotel room picked up some TDIclub stuff for those back home.

Show and shine was cool. Expected way more cars. Seemed a little quite. The event lacked some music. I thought of cranking up the tunes in my car, but didn't think everyone would have enjoyed my taste in music.

Judging had me confused. Not much feedback or interaction at all. Totally weird. I saw a couple people come by with clipboards and look at the car. I asked if they had any questions, or wanted to see anything else. Nope. I've attended and participated in shows in Orlando, Atlanta, Ocean City, Farmington, Las Vegas, LA, and all over Ontario. Never has a judge not had a question, or wanted to hear what was done to a car. How else would they know? Ex. my 4dr Golf had a leather interior from a 2003 Jetta GLI. Not just seats, its everything: door panels, arm rest, 3-spoke wheel, shifter, ebrake. Leathers were never available or optioned out on a 4dr or TDI Golf. Just cloth. I did the intall/swap. How 'bout the 18' 5x112 OEM Huffs? Custom localy machined 4140 steel adapters. I did the final machining to the final offset. Koni coils (yes i drove 20hrs to/from at that height, it's a daily driver)? the imported Hella Glass MK5 look HID lights? R32 tails? How do the judges know what they are looking at? I did see one squeeze a finger between the front tire and fender looking for dirt. Tight fit!

When the show was over had to head back home. Lots of cool stuff in the raffle, never seen that before at a show. I saw a abandoned building on Saturday, while on my hunt for a car wash. So i returned for a few pics before hitting the interstate.

The drive home was uneventful. Crossing the border was great. Almost no line-up. The customs agent looked in my hatch asked what was what, (ohhh thats a clutch kit, a couple of 5th gears, some oil, filters, and stuff). No problem. Just filled up with duty free diesel and headed home.

I would like to thank the OH folks for putting this on. Although i wasn't there for all the events, i had a great time. Met a lot of cool people.

thanks,
Pete
'72 Super - '52 Split
'65 Bus 21w deluxe - '69 Ghia

Last edited by petea4; September 2nd, 2008 at 00:35.
petea4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06941 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 18.27 Kb. compressed to 16.51 Kb. by saving 1.76 Kb. (9.62%)]