Impex Fest!! June 2 2012

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Looking forward to it, sounds like it should be a lot of fun. I'm quickly approaching the timing belt change, so it would be good to hear from the experts on the subject. I think I have less than 10K to go on it.

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
Unfortunately with the '09s, there aren't too many experts regarding the timing belt yet. But I'm sure someone there will have some experience with it.

I've read and been told that the 09 timing belt job is similar to an ALH timing belt job.

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Unfortunately with the '09s, there aren't too many experts regarding the timing belt yet. But I'm sure someone there will have some experience with it.

I've read and been told that the 09 timing belt job is similar to an ALH timing belt job.
The only thing I know about the timing belt (chain?) is that the manual says to replace at 120K. Not sure how many miles are on the car now, I believe it is over 110K at this point.

Back on subject, what goes on at the Impex Fest?

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Wrenching, Tuning, Meeting Other TDIers, Playing With VCDS, Buying and Selling Stuff, Telling Lies, and Oh Yes, Eating Good Food and Drinking Good Beer (The last in moderation, of course!):D

shrifty

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Sounds good, I know VERY little about VCDS. Only enough to be dangerous at this point. Your post reminded me, I have stock tail-lights to sell off if anyone is interested, I'll make sure to bring them along just in case.

BRBarian

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Five Golf TDIs!
I'm off to Ireland. Can't make it this year. Maybe the kids can make it. The boys are still local and still running their TDIs. They may show up.

I made the personal jump to the Nissan LEAF this past year, but we're still a four TDI family... (don't ask what happened to the 5th).

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
I will be there as usual. Bringing the 04PD and the new to me 89 IDI Woflsburg.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Food Thread??

Do we want to start a food thread so we don't wind up with 40 pounds of potato salad like we had last year? That is, unless there will be enough folks there to eat it all!:D

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Hmmmm....

If someone, lets say,
comes in from, far away.....
Is there a place for them to stay
for a few day?

Thus endeth my ryme :eek:

MrVermin

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
We have a couch you can crash on... Just don't park in the street!

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
VeeDub make sure he has his keys chained to his wrist or the "few day" might be few week!

TheCityGame

TDI
Golf 2011
I might roll up for this. I have a golf tournament that day and I don't have a tee time yet, so I have no idea how much of the fest that will overlap.

I don't really have any issues with the car. . .might be cool to hook up to a VCDS (vagcom?), if that's convenient.

Would like to add a warning beep to the car that lets me know I left my sunroof open if that's possible.

TheCityGame

TDI
Golf 2011
How do you tell if the windows are open?

Just look up before getting out of the car.
Yeah thanks, but I know how to tell if a window is open. I notice the driver's side window when I get out of the car, and the switch for the passenger side is right next to it, so they're pretty easy to press together. When I gather together my phone and wallet, and lunch, and I'm heading into the office, maybe I forgot that I cracked the sunroof one inch open on the way to work and it's not glaringly obvious.

I also know how to tell if the hatch is open. I look at it. But the car has a lighted diagram indicating this to me if it didn't close all the way.

You know what else. . .I know how to tell if my lights are left on, too. I look down at the little switch, but if I forget to do that, the car alerts me before I leave it for a day. It's a nice feature, IMO. I don't want to come back to a dead battery, just like I don't want to come back to a car that has been rained in if I forgot to close the sunroof.

That's all I was asking about.

If you need an example of an appropriate response, see the post above yours.

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
If the car that you are talking about is the 2011 listed in your Sig, and if you have the "Highline" version (top of the line) you may be able to activate the Auto Rain Closing Windows if you have the Rain Sensor installed.

I could be wrong though...

MrVermin