Orlando Florida

soupaman305

TDI
2000 Golf IV GLS TDI White
i keep seeing more and more of them. i just saw one that looks exactly like mine! white gls tdi at UCF. orlando tdi's we must get to know each other! or atleast have some meets or something.

klipsch318

TDI
Jetta, 2005.5, Reflex Sliver
I am ready for another meet. Hopefully I can get off work for the next one. I have only seen 2 other TDIs on the south west end of Orlando.

klipsch318

TDI
Jetta, 2005.5, Reflex Sliver
There was one in September I think. I would like to meet up, especially if someone has a vag-com. Someone should post something in the south east GTG area. That's where the info was last time.

itsmejerry

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI Nav, 2015 Passat SE TDI, 2015 Beetle Convertible TDI, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI All Phase 2 Emission Modified complete. 50 State Legal Diesel!
I'd be up for some kind of gtg. Maybe something easy at first, like a tdi club meeting at a restaraunt just to get to know each other, then moving into a more technical GTG like the national events.
I admit that although I'm a TDI nut, my technical expertise is somewhat limited as I've just been in an apartment too long and have not had occassion to break out the tools and work on the car, instead leaving it to the dealerships around here.
I've driven Diesel Vw's since 1983, so I might be able to help with some of the basics.

Last edited:

KROUT

persona non grata
I would come to one any where in central or north florida. I live in Palm Coast and work in JAX.

soupaman305

TDI
2000 Golf IV GLS TDI White
this is awesome! we should spread the word a little and pick a date and a place. i like the resturant idea.

KROUT

persona non grata
We should try to do a dyno day some where. I want to get a dyno. Or resturant. I vote for daytona.

leebo

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2004 Touareg V10 TDI
I think Sanford (just north of Orlando) has a 4WD dyno...I have to have that because the Touareg tranny is VW's 4XMotion.

I also have HEX-USB VAGCOM that I'd be happy to bring. Just bring your own laptop with program and USB drivers loaded from Ross-Tech site (my laptop battery is toast).

What kind of eats? Steak-n-Shake has an outdoor flair that might be good for a car-type meeting. There's one in Sanford and Lake Mary.

ICNTDRV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI
The last Orlando area GTG was August 13th at Lake Louisa, we had a decent turnout of about 12 cars. For meets its good to watch/post in the Southeast Meets Section. The most recent GTG in Florida was the Ft. Desoto GTG out near Tampa. Those guys know how to throw a party with good eats.

If someone wants to spearhead a meet in Orlando before I move back home on January 5th, I'm definitely in.

A few things that are mandatory for a GTG:
Food
Vag-Com
Plenty of road
scenery for photoshoots
Good Food
Basic set of tools
Bently manuals for B4 Passats and A4 Jettas
Laptop and Inverter to power it with
Really Good Food :)

P.S. It takes more than the average Dyno to handle the torque produced by a chipped V10 TDI.

Rammstein

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 92 D
new2tdiguy said:
I also have HEX-USB VAGCOM that I'd be happy to bring. Just bring your own laptop with program and USB drivers loaded from Ross-Tech site (my laptop battery is toast).
I'm confused - I thought VAGCOM was the laptop with program ???
By VAG-COM, we mean the program and connector.
Laptops (a desktop also works, but it eats space a little) are not furnished.
Any laptop from the 486 running windows to any fancy new one will do.;)

Last edited: