HELP OBD2 code PO673

mark2003jettatdi

TDI
Jetta 03 / Jetta 06
:confused: Any help would be appreciated. My 03 TDI engine light is on. I checked for the code using my cheap OBD2 scanner from Walmart! Its worked by referencing problem code P0673. I tried to cross reference this code with my VW workshop manual but this code is not listed. Can anyone help?

Thank you,
Mark.

Last edited:

PB_NB

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 New Beetle
When ever you can't find a code, try Google.

The code refers to "glow plug number 3 circuit" according to Google and seconded by Bentley.

mark2003jettatdi

TDI
Jetta 03 / Jetta 06
?? Thank You

WOW Thank you for all the help. That light has been bugging me for months. Do you think its the #3 glow plug or something more challenging?

Maybe I am not that smart but I tried to google the code with a search VW OBD2 code PO673 but all it pulled up was this post and one other none related item. What it the best way to seach in google? I am a pretty good mechanic but codes are new to me.

Cheers, Thank's again.

McBrew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS TDI, 5 speed, Silver/Grey
More likely a dirty connection at the harness. Some DeOxit will help this. However, you can check out the glowplug with a multimeter to see if it is fried. If you live near a HarborFreight, you can usually pick up a digital multimeter for less than $5.

Last edited:

mark2003jettatdi

TDI
Jetta 03 / Jetta 06
I never had a car new enough for a code reader. I am a gear head but this stuff makes my head hurt. I hate to let anyone work on my cars and bikes so I am sticking with it until it starts getting fun. I know what I need to do.

Thanks for all the help. As always I always you find great people connected with cars and bikes.