2016 Range Rover Diesels in North America

LRTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 16 GSW... Just the LR diesel now
http://newsroom.jaguarlandrover.com/en-us/land-rover/news/2015/1/2015_lr_diesel/

Land Rover will offer consumers the option of fuel efficient diesel powertrains in two 2016 model year luxury SUVs, the Range Rover and Range Rover Sport. The Range Rover Td6 and Range Rover Sport Td6 SUVs will deliver 25 miles per gallon combined, a 32 percent improvement over the supercharged V6, and reach a high of 28 miles per gallon on the highway.
The two new luxury diesel SUVs debuted at the 2015 North American International Auto Show and go on sale Fall 2015.
Land Rover has employed a combination of new and proven innovative technologies to bring North American customers an engine with exceptional refinement, efficiency and performance.
The 3.0-liter Td6 turbocharged V6 diesel engine delivers effortless performance thanks to 254 horsepower and a low-end torque output of 440 lb-ft. Peak torque arrives at 1,750rpm in the Td6 while the gasoline V6 produces its 332 lb-ft (450 Nm) at 3,500 rpm. This high torque output at low RPM, makes the diesel Range Rover and Range Rover Sport models particularly well suited to towing heavy loads and off-roading where reaching maximum torque at low RPM is extremely beneficial.
Similarly, the low-end torque of the Td6 allows the vehicles to deliver 0-60 acceleration times comparable to the higher horsepower V6 gasoline models. The Range Rover Sport Td6 and Range Rover Td6 accelerate from 0-60mph in 7.1 and 7.4 seconds respectively, compared to 6.9 and 7.1 seconds for gasoline V6 models.
Preliminary fuel economy figures for the Range Rover Sport and Range Rover of 22 mpg (city), 28 mpg (highway) and 25 mpg (combined) represent significant gains over traditional gasoline alternatives. The combined figure equates to a 32 percent improvement over the gasoline V6 engine. Total range increases to 658 miles, a gain of 8.0% for the Range Rover Sport and 3.3% for the Range Rover.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Not gonna lie. I like the Sport. Doubt I'd ever own one, but it's a beautiful truck.

kulak

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat NMS
Lately I can't tell if LR is trying to make the fastest sports car or not. It seems like they have been drifting away from their core brand identity as the most capable vehicle off pavement.

I guess this is because LR buyers these days never leave the pavement. The most off-roading they see is over the curb at the mall.

For an SUV they don't seem all that roomy. It seems my Passat NMS has more room front and back together.

That said I'd take a defender diesel any day.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I don't think "Range Rover" and "affordable" ever belong in the same sentence. Expensive new, and expensive to keep running once out of warranty.