10th Annual Detroit Auto Show GTG - NAIAS 2017 - January 14 (aka WINTERFEST)

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Isn't a but early to predict weather? I have new snows for IBW if needed.
Not for Michigan specifically, but for a cross-country trip in general. This year has been pretty active so far respect to snow and cold temperatures.

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Room reserved and survey completed!
I am going to have to regretfully withdrawal my reservation. I started a new job on Monday and was informed today of a sales event that typically last late into the night on January 13th. Not going to be able to do that and attend WinterFest. I was really looking forward to it too! :mad:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I am going to have to regretfully withdrawal my reservation. I started a new job on Monday and was informed today of a sales event that typically last late into the night on January 13th. Not going to be able to do that and attend WinterFest. I was really looking forward to it too! :mad:
It's only a three hour drive. Meet us in Detroit on Saturday morning. :rolleyes: ;)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I seem to have gotten credit for someone else completing their survey, so I caved.
Really? I have a response with your name on it from 12/19/16 at 11:53 PM. It's possible that someone used your name instead of their own - there is no verification that you are who you say you are. :eek:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
VW has been promising a replacement for the Microbus for so long it's getting truly irritating. I think the "concept" they're now promoting is electric.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I liked the previous Microbus concept that was floated, but it never got anywhere. I guess we'll see what they come up with for this year.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Weather forecast looks relatively mild and precipitation free. Although forecasts can be misleading in Michigan and upstate NY in January.

pparks1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
Where is dinner this year? I probably won't make the auto show, but dinner on Friday is quite possible.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Where is dinner this year? I probably won't make the auto show, but dinner on Friday is quite possible.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

8:00pm - 10:00pm: Dinner @ TBD in Ypsilanti

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Welp, I took a new position at work on dayshift (yay) this year. I won't be making it to winterfest unfortunately though. The new position is essentially unlimited OT and I will be working next weekend. Might try to make it up for dinner Friday night with mama and midget.

I work the OT when it's available, life goal is debt free by 35.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I'll have to make some calls today and get something lined up for dinner on Friday night.