Official Atlantic Canada Discounts & Deals Thread

Fyrman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Black
First off, as always, lets try and keep this On Topic so it remains concise and easy to follow. That way it'll stay a valuable resource for newbies and veterans alike.

If you're going to add a contact, please list the company name, contact name at the company, address and/or directions and of course, what is being offered.

Let's get this party started! :D

Fliehigh

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Sport
Speedy Muffler and Brakes

Address: 627 Sackville Drive, Lower Sackville NS B4C 2S4
Telephone: (902)864-5022

Duncan will give the club members at least 15% on all parts and labor (except tires), he also told me that if he can do better the 15% on things he will. They are very fair and if they can't help they will point you where to go!

Last edited:

Slave2school

Top Post Dawg
TDI
99.5 used to at least...
Do these discounts only apply to the TDI or would a second vehicle be counted in the discount as well? I will delete this after one or both posts are ammended to reflect this if you guys want so it stays nice and neet ;)

Fliehigh

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Sport

http://capsplus.ca

8 Walker Avenue
Lower Sackville, N.S.
Telephone: (902)865-4459
Fax: (902)865-0002

Caps Plus will give TDI club memebers 10% off labour and they will try there best to match or beat any accessory or wheel prices that have from other vendors. Get a price on rims from Dartmouth Surplus and see if Caps Plus can do better.

Fyrman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Black
The people that offered these deals know some of us closely. They're doing this on the honour system. Just tell them you're in the TDIClub.

Actually, maybe we should be adding a contact name to the posts for the business owners sake. That way, if the business owner questions the legitimacy of the person looking for the deal, they can contact the person that sent them in. I know Kevin has checked back with me on occassion at Murphy Glass. I'll edit my post.

pozi240

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS Galatic Blue
Fyrman said:
For tires and service:

Steele Clearance Centre

Address: 3717 Kempt Rd.
Telephone: 453-0653

Tell him Jeff sent you.

Derek is a cousin of mine and is now managing the Service centre for Steele. He used to be the service manager at Steele VW so he knows our cars. He'll give us a kick-a$$ deal on tires and any service work. The do service on all vehicles so contact him for your other cars too.

This is just a quick contact info post for now, they're revamping all their online stuff and coming out with some new specials soon so I'll pretty up this post as soon as they do.
X2!!! I can't say enough good about Derek at Steele Clearance, I won't post publically what kind of price he gave me on my tires yesterday, but , lets just say, I had to ask him to repeat the price twice, since it was so low. Bought a set of 225/45ZR17 94W with a treadwear rating of 440 (unheard of in a UHP tire), and super, super cheap. Put it this way, Derek undercut Dartmouth Surplus by over 30% on the same tire.

Fyrman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Black
Tires!!

Derek just called me from Steele Service Centre. He has 12 Achilles 225/45ZR17 94W tires in stock that he will sell any of us @ $105/tire plus disposal and tax. Sounds like a pretty awesome deal for a tire with a treadwear rating of 440, like Pozi said. Give him a call if you need a set.

Oh, and this is only for TDIClub members so let me know if you're sending your Mom in for a set, he calls me when someone comes in and says they're from our club. :cool:

euroteck

TDI
1996 passat wagon, 1996 passat sedan
How about a good mechanic for the tdi cars? I've been using Harrington's, and I'm not happy. I have 3 B4 passats on the road, I could use a good mechanic

Fyrman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Black
euroteck said:
How about a good mechanic for the tdi cars? I've been using Harrington's, and I'm not happy. I have 3 B4 passats on the road, I could use a good mechanic
Derek's guys do work on them. He was telling me a couple weeks ago they've even done a couple timing belts in the past month. Settles would be the other one but there's guys on here that don't think much of them either. It's kind of a flip of the coin when it comes to mechanics around here. Read back thru the threads, there's lots of discussion.

And welcome to the club! :cool:

sportsguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Beetle DSG TDI
Settle's - 100% happiness rating from me! :) Tell Mike Duane sent you. Luckily for Mike, he doesn't know Jeff! :)

Kyuss

Veteran Member
TDI
White '02 Golf
euroteck said:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

"I'd rather drive my car off a cliff, into a lake of magma, with a trunk full of dynamite than take my car back to Harringtons" :mad:

I honestly cannot say enough bad about them. This is based on many visits spanning several years...GOD! I HATE THEM!!.....wow, I need a drink...

pozi240

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS Galatic Blue
Kyuss said:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

"I'd rather drive my car off a cliff, into a lake of magma, with a trunk full of dynamite than take my car back to Harringtons" :mad:

I honestly cannot say enough bad about them. This is based on many visits spanning several years...GOD! I HATE THEM!!.....wow, I need a drink...
I won't comment on Harringtons, but may I suggest as an alternative near you (Mt. Uniacke) , is Dale at Fahie's on the South Rawdon Rd? Over 25yrs of VW desiel experience and does work on the modern TDI's (has VAG SCAN tools), and has VERY reasonable rates. Phone: 902-866-2288

steviemac

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
Fyrman said:
For tires and service:

Steele Clearance Centre

Address: 3717 Kempt Rd.
Telephone: 453-0653

Tell him Jeff sent you.

Derek is a cousin of mine and is now managing the Service centre for Steele. He used to be the service manager at Steele VW so he knows our cars. He'll give us a kick-a$$ deal on tires and any service work. The do service on all vehicles so contact him for your other cars too.

This is just a quick contact info post for now, they're revamping all their online stuff and coming out with some new specials soon so I'll pretty up this post as soon as they do.
Hey Jeff,

I talked to your cousin today -- he was trying to help me find some tires to replace some rubber that wore too fast during my vacation. Anyway, long story short, my time line was a little too short, and I am a little unsure of what I want to replace the tires with, but Derek was great to deal with. Unfortuneatly he didn't have any of those Achilies left, but he did go out of his way to help me. You'll have to thank him again for me the next time you see him... Thanks,

Steve

Fyrman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Black
nbhab said:

Wow, thanx for that. Hard to believe after all these years and all the work and deals he's done for us and we've neglected to include Brian in this thread. As the punk-ass tuner-brains say... My Bad! :D

Abso friggen lutley... Brian is THE go-to guy for all of us local and from away when it comes to parts. Brian has been in the VW scene since Christ was a carpenter and knows our cars inside and out. He'll only offer OEM quality or better and is always open to give advice and a good story to boot. We love him!

You'll do no better anywhere else when it comes to what your car needs. Plain and simple, order it from Roseland! Just click the link and send him a note; you won't regret it.

nbhab

TDI
2002 Jetta
That's quite an endorsment. Glad I just ordered from him. I don't know him from Adam but I have a feeling I will get to. :p

dellwas

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
I'll add my endorsement on Brian as well. I order 90% of my parts through him, and only order stuff he can't get, or I need in a hurry - like yesterday, and can't wait.

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 1981 TD Caddy, 1987 TD Syncro Doka
Discounts for TDi Club members...

Sorry for the cross post. I'm willing to offer any TDi club member a 5% discount for all parts and labour. My rates are really rock bottom as it is. Give me a try, you'll be glad you did.
Check out my website www.jeffsoldvolkshome.com
Cheers, Jeff.

dellwas

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
I'll also add my endorsement on Jeff's Old Volks. Had some work done this week. Jeff gave an accurate estimate, and it was ready when he said it would be. Won't hesitate to use him again!

Fyrman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Black
Balance Tire and Auto Spring 2010

Steve just sent me this to make sure you guys were all aware.
I recommend this guy fully. Great deals and a very conscientious mechanic. Give him a call.

...and, sorry about the email address. He just doesn't get it! ;)

Fyrman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Black
... and don't forget about Derek if you're in and around the city. Still there, still always open to help us, and still has great deals on tires. He is the Tire King remember! :cool:

DaveWhiting

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta
Fyrman said:
Steve just sent me this to make sure you guys were all aware.
I recommend this guy fully. Great deals and a very conscientious mechanic. Give him a call.
I'd like to express my recommendation for Steve as well. He's changed over my tires on both vehicles, and just did my brakes on the Jetta for me. Not only is the work top notch, the prices are great too! Even took the creak out of the car (was the skid plate) that was driving me insane.

BTW, thanks Jeff for lending Steve the tool for the rear brakes. :)

b1jackson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf - Gone in BUYBACK. Replaced with 2015 Golf

Yes, this business has been around since 1965 but I just discovered him yesterday. About 3 weeks ago, just had 4 tires replaced and balanced on my Jetta from a big chain business that we'll just say starts with the word "Coast". Very noticeable shake in the car at 100 km/hr. Took the car to this guy and he did a toe adjustment on my alignment (since I had also just replaced my suspension) and this guy did a 4-wheel on car balance all for $80. He said the balancing on the front that just had done 3 weeks prior was absolutely horrible.

So if you are on PEI and need alignments fixed, check this guy out!!

DownLow

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2001 Beetle TDI, 2000 Beetle R32 Swapped
I'm not sure if it's appropriate to plug my own business but I am now offering Malone Tuning in Halifax, Yarmouth and just about anywhere in-between. No Tax for TDIClub members. PM me for details. :D

If this isn't the right place for this someone let me know, or just delete this post. I don't want to be violating any forum rules or spamming the board. Thanks!