vcds mods

killrbee

TDI
2012 JSW, DSG
I there a way to lock my Mk6 doors as I leave the vehicle, without using the remote??

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Not sure how the car would kniw you left and to lock?

A timer once key is pulled? But then if you pulled the clicker why not just lock it after you close the door? Or you leaving key in car?

I don't see any advantages I guess.

Sent from my s-off'ed m7 with CM11

killrbee

TDI
2012 JSW, DSG
If the remote is not working, I would like to be able to lock the car with one button. Simple as that.

killrbee

TDI
2012 JSW, DSG
I am guessing there is a way to code the car. My other car allows me to do this on exit. It locks 10 seconds after all doors close. Yes, there is a risk of locking the key inside. I don't care about that.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
If your key stopped working replace the battery.

If that doesn't work you could get a replacement from the dealer or fix my vw here:
http://www.fixmyvw.com/keys/

If you still need to have the auto lock no matter how many people say it's not the best idea try contacting Ross Tech support:
http://www.ross-tech.com

FWIW I don't see the point. I also don't think there is a option to do this, but I may be wrong, which is why I gave the link to ross tech above.

The JSW has the key lock exposed so it's easy to lock the car with the key. With the golf you need only remove the plastic cover from the handle to access the lock.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Any one have an idea to increase relock time after remote unlock?

I enabled leaving home lights with the clicker, so nice, but by the time I get shoes on, down 3 flights, down the walk, across parking lot, almost to the door... Beep!

Relocks itself. One remote broke, so I keep the one in the house for the lady, and carrying kid down its a Hassel to fumble for my single key to rotate tumbler twice to unlock the back door.

Sent from my s-off'ed m7 with CM11

hephaestus

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon
Wow, this throttle response mod is great - it's really changed the way I feel about the car. I might even not chip it after this.

The throttle response on these cars is really wacky, and very frustrating to live with. The first 1/2 inch of travel is fine, but the next 1/2 inch does nothing. Then, after that, it kicks in again. I absolutely hated that.

Today on the Mk7 forum I was introduced to a throttle mod http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2491&highlight=throttle&page=68 (post 1155) that addresses this situation. I've only taken the car for a short test drive so far, but it seems to have tremendously improved the response - it is much more linear now.

Throttle Response Mod:
Open VCDS / Select / 44 - Steering Assist / Security Access / 19249 / Do It / OK / Adaptation / Channel (drop down menu) / Driving Profile Switchover / New Value (drop down menu) / Direct: Controlled over Threshold Value (original was Gradual, controlled by Time) / Do It / Yes / OK / Go Back / close, go back etc.

It would be great to know how this works for anyone else.
Can anyone tell me if this setting exists somewhere in the MK6's as well?

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT

borninabus

Veteran Member
TDI
-2013 JSW 6MT- -2006 Jetta DSG-
i've been searching around for a way to make the front 12V power supply hot @ all times whether or not the ignition is on. possible or not? also would like to get rid of the ignition on door chime.

thanks for any insight

90_zeros

TDI
2013 Golf TDI
i've been searching around for a way to make the front 12V power supply hot @ all times whether or not the ignition is on. possible or not? also would like to get rid of the ignition on door chime.

thanks for any insight
Not possible with VCDS, unfortunately. The proper way will be to move your Circuit 15 power wire to a Circuit 30 supply on the backside of the fuse panel with new repair wires and a pin tool. Another way is to run a fused jumper wire from your ACC fuse to a fuse that's always hot (usually fuse 34/35 in the MK6, IIRC). Yet another way is to tear down your console, and physically run a fused wire to the hot side of the battery. This will place your ACC fuse in the battery box instead of the fuse panel, if done correctly, and is honestly the most straightforward method. An audio shop can perform this method for you for well under $100. Food for thought

Edit: be mindful of lighted 12v plugs. Some extra attention may need to be paid to ensure that light is disabled or not powered. I'm not sure on that part, tbh.

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 B4 Passat, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Too many pages to read through them all but my first mod was to correct my speedometer. It was off ~7%. Easy peasy. It's exactly correct now (according to my gps)
Which direction was it off? Have a DIY article?

Porch

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 jetta sportwagen tdi 6spd
Might be unrelated to this thread, but can VCDS fix the light behind the Guage cluster info display in my mk6? It still displays all the info, it's just dim. The light used to pop on after a while, now nothing. Fuse maybe? If it's a pull-and-replace-Guage-cluster thing, then it's priority z...

firehawk618

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI, 2dr, M6, Stock
Might be unrelated to this thread, but can VCDS fix the light behind the Guage cluster info display in my mk6? It still displays all the info, it's just dim. The light used to pop on after a while, now nothing. Fuse maybe? If it's a pull-and-replace-Guage-cluster thing, then it's priority z...
VCDS isn't going to help you.