40's in a Bag car show & Pig roast

sammydafish

TDI
03 Jetta Wagon TDI, W123 TD Benz, Ford 7.3 Powerstroke creeper van
For years now our group has had an annual BBQ gtg and it has grown quite a bit in size and scope over the years. If you're anywhere near the Hudson Valley its well worth the trip. Nestled in the Catskill Mountains is a nice 8 acre field with a drive in movie theater that we'll fill with old Audi's and VW's. There are a few cool TDIs in our group and I'd love to see a few more at this event. The event is sponsored by Shokan and much of their collection will be there including the original Audi Sport A2 Rally car. If you were ever at the old //S-Fest when it was out in Granby that is the format of this event. Admission is free, we do ask that you bring something to BBQ and your favorite frothy brew. Camping on the grounds is welcome and encouraged. There is a huge theater screen in the field where we will be playing old rally videos, wagenworks videos and the like. Camp fires, kegs and a pig roast. Below is the facebook event thread. Hope to see some of you kats out there.

WHERE?
2272 County Rd 3, Olivebridge NY 12461

WHEN?
May 7st 2011 @ 1pm - Show starts at 1 so don't be late.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=190971124270718

scubagli

Veteran Member
TDI
1986 audi 4000Q ALH SWAP in progress...
Yes, folks its a blast and gawking at the sport quattro and the s2 rally car is worth the trip, plus ill be doing a 16hr smoke on a 80lb pig this year...good people good fun.

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
This is like 20min from my house. lol

I'll see if I will have time or not to check it out. I am usually pretty busy that time of the year.

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
03, 00, 04 MK4 sedans.... 02 MK4 Wagon
Sounds cool..... My new monster project won't be ready by then but I've always got the 04 TDI to show up with. I'll try to make room in my schedule for this.... it's too close to home to miss. I'm less than 15 minutes from where turbocharged798 is so it's a super short drive for a VW/Audi event.

You guys need a band for this???? MazMyth should be free that weekend.... We're playing main stage @ Bamboozle the weekend before that!!

Last edited:

sammydafish

TDI
03 Jetta Wagon TDI, W123 TD Benz, Ford 7.3 Powerstroke creeper van
sweet, it'll be cool if you guys come out. if you want to bring an instrument we sometimes jam out around the campfire at night like a bunch of hippies

Bags

TDI
2006 Beetle
I dont have a "show" car, but am interested in learning more about my TDi. Open to all?

scubagli

Veteran Member
TDI
yep for sure, the knowledge base on a 2010 is limited tho...

Last edited:

Bags

TDI
2006 Beetle
If I am off that weekend, I will drive up. I will try to Bring my buddy Leonardo. He has a sick 2003 TDi conversion.

scubagli

Veteran Member
TDI
cool it will be to see you. and you could bring my camp chairs that I forgot at nj dynoday....Have sara bring the wrx...