MAF CEL help

robertyateman

TDI
Hey i have a 1999.5 jetta tdi manual

so the problems i keep getting is this code 17553/P1145 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70): Short to Plus. My car also will go into limp mode if i punch the accelerator or go up a hill, ect. with my vagcom i went to ch 3 and under the actual was ~530 or something and it didnt move no matter the rpm.

i just recently tried a used maf from a 2001 so maybe it was toast to. the connections themself look good on the maf and the plug.

Any advice on were to troubleshoot i dont have a bently manual so i dont know the wiring diagram of the maf or fuses ect.

Thanks, Robert Yateman

Last edited:

Dimitri16V

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Golf, 04 Golf
nope , voltages are right

the ECU always defaults to 5V in that pin when you disconnect the MAF

Use a MAF cleaner to clean the sensor . are you sure the plug is OK ?

Last edited:

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Have you checked for blockage at the snowscreen? Could also be a blown fuse or a bad wire. I've found no less than 2 nicked wires on mine.

robertyateman

TDI
no i havent i removed the maf from airbox and let it suck fresh air and still the same readings. what fuses ? i am going to splice the ground wire from the plug and ground it myself see if that does anything.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
It would be best to use the ground as it's designed, manually grounding certain wires will produce undesirable results. Try following the ground wire and the signal wires. Look for any breaks or bad connections.
Check fuses 12, 29, 32 and 34 first.

robertyateman

TDI
all fuses good. plug changed still same code g70 short to plus. I think im going to try and ground it out myself and see were that gets me because it seems really difficult to follow that wire.