View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2018, 07:52   #1022
Jetta_Pilot
Veteran Member

Location: West Hill, Ont. Mexico mid October 2018 to end of April 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadawson View Post
If cost is your only metric, true . . . . Some of us don't judge technology just on cost. To me, the integration on the RNS into the car makes me leave my Garmin in the other car every time . . . .
Well I can lay out a very long route on my computer and then transfer it to my Garmin GPS in seconds.
First off it is now impossible to load any waypoints into the RNS since the German VW website where you could create a file on a SD card has ceased operation. Then I could load that into the RNS. Having done that it took me over one hour to use these waypoints to create a route in the RNS. That stupid system also every once in a while wants me to enter the country I am in when in reality I have never left the city I live in.
I have taken my stand alone Garmin to Europe and once there I just set the GPS near a window and within 10 minutes the Garmin GPS knew exactly where it is.

That $ 1,200.00 POS in the car apparently forgets where it is.

Page generated in 0.06942 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.14 Kb. compressed to 14.52 Kb. by saving 1.62 Kb. (10.01%)]