Firestone tried to rip me off over TPMS

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
It uses ABS. Called indirect TPMS.

As Alco stated he has metal stems.

2011 was the first MY of the JSW that used indirect system. All 2010's have direct system with metal stems.

veedubfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 golf
I've been buying all our tires at Discount Tire for 20 years, and we had 5 cars running most of the time (4 cars now). I got to know the Manager of the local store pretty well, we play golf together in local benefit tournaments. They have treated me well over the years and I will continue my relationship with them, even if Tire Rack and others are a bit lower in price, etc.

In this economy, it's a good idea to maintain good relationships with local businesses if you want consistently good service.
Like I mentioned before, Discount will match just about any price, including online, and especially Tirerack. You trade shipping costs for sales tax is the only issue.

KraftwerkB6

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
Hell, i friend of mine too his E36 M3 to TireDiscounts I think, or maybe SSTire. Anyhoo. They were to replace the front and rear tires, which were supplied and marked as to which tire to wheel combo it should work. Smaller tires in the front, wider tires in the rear, smaller wheels in the front, wider wheels in the rear. almost most if not all BMW's, im not a bmw tech, only vw, so im not totally sure on all tire combos. BUT
They put the wider wheels on the front with smaller tires, and then smaller wheels on the rear with the wider tires. Stretch and Poke to the fullest lol.
After he picked it up, he didnt even sign the paper work, told them stright up they were Stupid ************ ers and had them fix the issue, refund him all the money, made a big enough stink about it, that the boss at corperate called him and he flat out said he will not use them anymore, tell everyone he knwos not to, and bla bla bla. They tried to give him so much free junk but none of it mattered.
crummy part is most BMW drivers who dont use us for tire issues, us them in town as well lol.