Vag Com Issues

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
None Currently- 2008 BMW 335I
I borrowed a Vag Com cable and have been playing around with it the past few evenings. Last night I was messing around with the CCM to adjust how the doors lock and unlock and all was fine and dandy. One thing I did was enable the horn to beep when unlocking the doors. After setting everything and trying it out I realized having the horn beep when unlocking doors was going to get annoying fast so when I went to go back in to disable it I was not able to connect to "46 - Central Conv" anymore. I can connect to 01-Engine just fine and others but am not able to connect to 46 anymore. I have tried turning the key off then locking and unlocking doors, unplugging and restarting VCDS, restarting the laptop, etc. all to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem? It is a genuine Ross Tech cable. My car is a 2002 Golf TDI. Any help would be much appreciated. After work I may try uninstalling and then reinstalling VCDS to see if that helps. Like I said it was all working fine until I tried to go back in to undo one thing. My locks and remote all work fine, so no problems there.

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
I may try rebooting the CCM this evening to see if that works. After searching and searching I found this as a response to someone having a similar problem.

CCMs can be rebooted by the easier method of pulling the fuse for a few seconds. On the A4 platform cars that's fuse 14.
Here is the thread it came from:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=251859

I will report back tonight with my findings.

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
So I pulled fuse 14 and plugged it back in and was able to connect right away to 46 - Central Conv without any problems. I wish I would have figured this out last night but you learn as you go.