Tdi Fest....need Co-piolot, Or Caravan Dc Area

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
Hey all, I live in the the DC-Balt area, and would like to get a few folks together who want to go to TDI fest, or if someone wants to go, but not drive, I would take on a a co-pilot. I was thinking about maybe leaving Thursday night, and getting a room in Wheeling WV, then taking back roads from there to the GTG, arriving Fri. eve. Then leaving Sun, and maybe driving straight back to the area, or making half the trip sun, and the other half Mon. morn getting back between 12-2 PM, but have not decided positively yet. FYI my daughter works for Marriott, so I can get nice rooms for 35 bucks a night. PM me if anyone is interested.

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Cool, If I leave Fri maybe can caravan. I will PM ya with my #

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
bump it up......................comn..................DC

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
bump it up.................where ya at DC/Balt?

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
thats funny, i see quite a few people on here are from the area. have you had a good time at the past fests? what is the typical happenings?

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I have attended every fest but 1! the #2 that was held in Utah........
I have had a Great time at all but one and that was in Toronto and I was having car trouble.........
Yes you are correct, there are quite a few TDIers in this area but as a rule most do not attend the TDI Fest........The Biggest GTG around here is at the end of May and is called Impex fest!
Most of the time there are workshops and at one time Dragracing.......now they have a Low speed autocross and for the most part the folks just meeting and greeting!
And of course there is the Show and shine! in which I have won or finished 2nd every year I attended with the exception of the Broken car year in my Class!
This year that won't happen.......

Last edited:

kromicacid

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL - Fixed
Depending on timing - i could maybe meet up with you after Wheeling, WV... as back roads go from Wheeling to Cincinnati - i am not too sure about them... they are though the back country of rolling hills and single/double lane roads. If you want to take your time and 'stop to smell the roses' it would be a good way.

Every year we travel from Philly to Cincy for family and we just take 70-270-71. The fest is along 71 somewhere (that is where Kings Island is). 70-270-71 are good roads, 2-4 lanes with a few cops on. Really get to see the Ohio secenery too, nothing like flat farmland as far as the eye can see...

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
tomo366 said:
I have attended every fest but 1! the #2 that was held in Utah........
I have had a Great time at all but one and that was in Toronto and I was having car trouble.........
Yes you are correct, there are quite a few TDIers in this area but as a rule most do not attend the TDI Fest........The Biggest GTG around here is at the end of May and is called Impex fest!
Most of the time there are workshops and at one time Dragracing.......now they have a Low speed autocross and for the most part the folks just meeting and greeting!
And of course there is the Show and shine! in which I have won or finished 2nd every year I attended with the exception of the Broken car year in my Class!
This year that won't happen.......
Has it just tamed down over the years, or were there not enough folks to participate? I was actually at impexfest, and jeff tuned my car. Be careful my friend if I attend TDI fest, I am armed with plenty of turtle wax, and armor all.................LoL

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
kromicacid said:
Depending on timing - i could maybe meet up with you after Wheeling, WV... as back roads go from Wheeling to Cincinnati - i am not too sure about them... they are though the back country of rolling hills and single/double lane roads. If you want to take your time and 'stop to smell the roses' it would be a good way.

Every year we travel from Philly to Cincy for family and we just take 70-270-71. The fest is along 71 somewhere (that is where Kings Island is). 70-270-71 are good roads, 2-4 lanes with a few cops on. Really get to see the Ohio secenery too, nothing like flat farmland as far as the eye can see...
I plan on having my GPS, and a my radar detector. I like taking roads off the beaten path, so long as they are not plauged with traffic lights. Taking an extra hour of driving to see all the cool small towns etc. is great! Wish I could just take 6 months and nothing but that all over the US. I will PM you with my # maybe we chat about it more on the phone, and possibily meet up...........Frank

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
tomo366 said:
I am leaving Friday Morning but already have a Co-Pilot
I'll look for you on the road again. I havent' figured out exactly when but it will be sometime Friday am.

Hopefully I can collect a 2nd winners trophy:D